Better support for running within android emulators like Bluestacks and the android SDK

Sat May 25, 2013 9:35 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Philly
OP

Better support for running within android emulators like Bluestacks and the android SDK

You guys really need to add better detection of the "same network", I'd say anything from the same IP address connecting to web.airdroid.com should be considered "same network" however when I connect from either of the android emulators, I'm told I'm in remote mode, even tho clearly they're the same network, same PC as a matter of fact. As i'm a bit of an advanced user, I have added tcp port 8888 (one of airdroid's supported ports) to the emulator's port forwarding and can access lite mode from the loopback interface, but accessing from the web.airdroid.com URL still says remote connection mode. I'll assume this is because the emulator uses the 10.x.x.x private IP range and my router uses 192.x.x.x so as far as the server is concerned its a different network, despite the fact that the connections are on the same public IP address. Airdroid is a great way to get files to and from the emulated device without needing to set up some crazy FTP app or mount the file for the device's filesystem in a 3rd party app, and I'd love to use it for both my actual real android device as well as my emulated one from the same bookmarked URL (just switch on the app in whatever device it is i want to use at the time) and without the nagging message about lite mode in the bottom corner.
Philly
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 28