Manual port selection

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:41 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Hussen_alm
OP

Manual port selection

Good day

i like the app and its features. but in my work place we can only connect with a specific port number thru the wifi, while i cant configure the app to use this port. so, im requesting to let the port feature to be modified manually in addition with the default ports

thanks and best regards
Hussen_alm
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi Hussen_alm,
Sorry that AirDroid now do not support modifying port number. But we will make improvements in future updates on this. As to your issue, would you please try Lite Mode (build the connection via the IP address displayed on AirDroid app) to see if AirDroid works?
LVHAlfons
coreunit28

Title

Hi AirDroid team,
Sorry to say, but manual port selection is a must as a lot of us are sitting in restricted environments(@ work) where port numbers are restricted and monitored.

@ my workplace only port 8080 is non-restricted...
coreunit28
LVHAlfons

Title

@MadsBakholt
Thanks for the info. We will try to add this feature asap.
LVHAlfons
SimonBrowneNZ

Title

good day and sorry for the delay on replay

i try all the possible methods before i post my request. and as MadsBakholt said, we are in a restricted environment and in need for this feature.

>> my workplace also restricted at port 8080

thanks in advance
SimonBrowneNZ
tennis47panty

Title

Hi there,
Assuming that this issue was raised in mid-november, it's been almost 3 months, and there is still no manual port selection for AirDroid. I'm sorry, but this is the only thing that is stopping me from using / investing in AirDroid.

How soon will we see manual port selection be re-introduced to AirDroid?

Thanks.
tennis47panty
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha

Online: 28