Twitch Streaming

Wed May 06, 2015 7:36 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Dana LaBerge
OP

Re: Twitch Streaming

Screen recording is not an issue, it's live streaming of the screen to twitch. OBS sees it until it's time to stream and it says "can't find device" despite it being able to right beforehand. Not screenshot, not screen record, screencast.

If I had a graphics tablet I could use it with my PC and screencast the window with OBS to twitch. I'd like to use my phone for that purpose. I use AirMirror to show the phone screen on the PC, and would like to use OBS to capture the window on my PC that shows the phone screen and show it on twitch, but it can't seem to be able to see it right. It's possible I might just have it set up wrong but I followed the video tutorial on youtube to set up OBS right.
Dana LaBerge
Coffee Admin

Screen recording is not an issue, it's live streaming of the screen to twitch. OBS sees it until it's time to stream and it says "can't find device" despite it being able to right beforehand. Not screenshot, not screen record, screencast.

If I had a graphics tablet I could use it with my PC and screencast the window with OBS to twitch. I'd like to use my phone for that purpose. I use AirMirror to show the phone screen on the PC, and would like to use OBS to capture the window on my PC that shows the phone screen and show it on twitch, but it can't seem to be able to see it right. It's possible I might just have it set up wrong but I followed the video tutorial on youtube to set up OBS right. 

Thanks for the continuous feedback. We'll look into this :)
Coffee
Admin
Dana LaBerge

Well, it's been a week and I have found a sort of workaround for it. I end up having to do a screen capture instead of a program or window capture, which means it looks bad when anything like a warning message pops up on screen, but at least it could work as a temporary solution until you actually fix the issue in the windows client.
Dana LaBerge
Dana LaBerge

I've heard from some on the OBS forums that Game Capture works, but now I'm having trouble getting AirMirror to connect to the phone. web.airdroid.com works fine, and the application in Windows works fine, but for some reason AirMirror won't connect. Once I get that figured out I can try Game Capture on it.
Dana LaBerge
Dana LaBerge

I restarted and AirMirror works again. Unfortunately, even game capture fails to capture the window. At least screen capture works for now, even though I have to set up the area of the capture every time.
Dana LaBerge
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235561

Latest Member: home

Online: 70