Tell the phone SMS are read.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
alex69
OP

Tell the phone SMS are read.

That's not a big deal but when I interact via airdroid for the sms, my phone does not realize i have "read" all the messages and the light keeps blinking. So I would like you to tell my phone that I have read those messages since i'm am writing to them... Thanks.
alex69
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi alex69,
Thanks for your feedback.

Some device models may experience this issue.

You'll need to go to the SMS on your device and mark them as read.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
LVHAlfons
Fofer

Title

Hah, All devices will experience this. AirDroid seems to only inject and parse the messages. doesn't mark them read in the XML. :P
Fofer
Blackyell

Re: Tell the phone SMS are read.

Any news on this problem?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and get the same problem. When I read a SMS on Airdroid, it is not marked as read on the phone.

It's really annoying. I never know if there are some truly unread notifications on my phone.

Thank you.
Blackyell
Coffee Admin

Sorry,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and get the same problem. When I read a SMS on Airdroid, it is not marked as read on the phone.

It's really annoying. I never know if there are some truly unread notifications on my phone.

Thank you.

Are you using an Android 4.4+? If yes, sorry that marking the SMS read with AirDroid is not supported. Google restricts the access permission to it.
Coffee
Admin
Blackyell

Ok I see :(

Yes, I'm using Android 5.0. Shame on Google to restrict this kind of feature...

Thank you for you answer.
Coffee wrote:Sorry,

Thank you.

Are you using an Android 4.4+? If yes, sorry that marking the SMS read with AirDroid as read is not supported. Google restricts the accesss permission to it.
Blackyell
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235472

Latest Member: Bax

Online: 75