Keep creation date of files in the download ZIP file

Mon May 05, 2014 2:57 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Ami
OP

Keep creation date of files in the download ZIP file

When doing download from smartphone to desktop by creating a ZIP filecontains files from the smartphone, the creation date is the current date & time instead the original date & time. UnZipping those files doesn't predict the real situation.
Ami
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi Ami,
Thanks for your feedback.

If you moved a file from disk (C:) to disk (D:), the creation date will be changed, too.

Sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support reserve the original data & time.

Feel free to contact us if you need any help :)
LVHAlfons
AdolfoCohn

Title

"If you moved a file from disk (C:) to disk (D:), the creation date will be changed, too."

This is true. However the modified timestamp remains as it was, which is not the case for the AirDroid "zip & download" feature. this timestamp is also preserved after copying from my Android device to Windows NTFS via USB.

This is quite important because for videos, which don't have a photo's EXIF info, it provides the only way of telling when the movie was taken.

Is there any chance of a tweak to your zip routine (perhaps you use a library that can already do this) to preserve the modification time?
AdolfoCohn
LVHAlfons

Title

@bobsammers
Thanks for your feedback. I've passed your suggestion to our product team. They'll take it into consideration. Thanks :)
LVHAlfons
pmc

Re: Keep creation date of files in the download ZIP file

My concern is the same.

The loss of file dates is exactly why I rarely use AirDroid, when otherwise I really like it.

One of the most common file transfer needs for me (and many others, most likely), is to transfer their photos and occasional video.
Loss of file Modification date is a huge bother. (For photos there is an annoying workaround -- if one has the right software, one can get a proper date created from the EXIF data, but that isn't present for videos that I know of.)

Normal ZIP file creation on a Windows computer does not reset the file Modification date.
pmc
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 35