Add an option to overwrite when copying file

Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
kwyeung8
OP

Add an option to overwrite when copying file

Hi,
when copying file with same name, I found the new file will be renamed to xxx(1).ext. could you add an option so overwriting file is allowed? thanks
kwyeung8
shima

Title

Agreed...

Banjo :-)
shima
DanielNieto

Title

Was looking for such an option too. Please implement an overwrite/rename/ask option.
Thank you,
aimilios
DanielNieto
DanielNieto

Title

Was looking for such an option too. Please implement an overwrite/rename/ask option.
Thank you,
aimilios
DanielNieto
LorenzoQmv

Title

+1
LorenzoQmv
LorenzoQmv

Title

"Save comment" button generate me a big, full screen error, but it sends the answer.
LorenzoQmv
huynhsmith

Title

I'm also requesting an overwrite file feature when uploading a file. It is particularly useful in combination with Dropbox. Without it you have to jump through a number of hoops to update a file on your phone with Airdroid and get it under Dropbox's control.
huynhsmith
Elisei

Re: Add an option to overwrite when copying file

Come on, guys! Implement overwrite option on files, I don't understand why didn't you already, it's so obvious. Is it impossible?
Elisei
Coffee Admin

Thanks for the suggestion. We've collected it and will consider it in future updates :)
Coffee
Admin
Lee Binder

Dear AirDroid Team, please please please - the request of this absolutely basic feature has been open now for almost 5 years....

AirDroid MUST be able to provide an option to overwrite or rename. That is does not is not even a missing feature but a bug.

Please prioritize this to 1st grade! Just tell your coders to DO implement the missing code. I have been a coder myself for many years and KNOW that is is simple and easy to do.

Please let us know when in the following days (weeks at the very most) your will have updated AirDroid. Until then I am forced to use another app.

Thank you very much,
Lee
Lee Binder
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235025

Latest Member: محمد رحمتی

Online: 27