Chromebook compatibility

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:03 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
joemacd61
OP

Chromebook compatibility

I just purchased an ASUS Chromebook C302C. It includes built-in Android compatibility.

This is a great machine and, having a bit of experience in this stuff, I am ready to predict that - now that Android apps are readily available - the time of Chromebooks is upon us.

With that in mind, I just found out that Airdroid is not fully compatible with my ASUS. By that, I mean the Google Play store tells me its not compatible, but allows me to download it anyway.

There seems to be some sizing issues, which doesn't bother me, but also a couple of other issues:
1) Going to the Tools tab brings up the momentary "You can connect your messages" pop-up window, except that it's not momentary as the OK button doesn't work. So you're stuck on that screen until you shrink the app and then select it again and, very-quickly, go to another tab.

2) The Transfer feature seems to only go one way.

Both devices are found in the Nearby search. However, while I can send messages and transfer files from the ASUS to my Samsung tablet perfectly, anything going in the other direction just hangs, sometimes (but not always) with an error saying that the receiving device is offline... it isn't.

Now while I'm fully ready to accept that this is just a problem due to the above-mentioned incompatibility, I'm wondering if there is a security feature somewhere that I have to turn off on the ASUS to allow outside devices to properly connect.

Thoughts?

Also, if this IS an incompatibility, I would suggest that y'all work on this because this ASUS Chromebook C302C is a great laptop and I can seriously see lots of them being sold in the future. Or, at the least, there will be a lot of Chromebooks being sold with built-in Android capability.

Thanks!
Joe
joemacd61
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha

Online: 28