Click to dial from browser

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 am in Feature Requests

page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
Lillian Admin

Re: Click to dial from browser

Hi is it possible for me to make calls using the app and if so how can i do that

Hi,
You can make call on web。airdroid.com. Click "Contacts">>cilck the contact you want to make call>>click the phone call button. But you need to pick up the phone to talk and listen.
Lillian
Admin
GlaHue

I read the description of the premium features: "Dial phone numbers remotely from the web and talk on the phone". Does this mean what I dream of and I don't get it working or does it "just" mean the standard dialing function? There must be a difference, as it is treated a premium function. But I already can make phone calls in basic (free) version. What's the point there?

I just purchased premium because of that feature promise. Now i find out that even with premium it is not possible to click "tel:" or "callto:" links and have airdroid call the number via my phone. Very disappointing. As OP said, please explain what that premium feature would be. I can´t see why i should extend premium otherwise.

Best regards
Gregor
beit(Kjell+på+jobb) likes this post.
GlaHue
Pestus

Either I'm missing something, or the Windows based program has no means of dialing a number outside of the contact list. I've been using the web.airdroid.com because it has that ability.

It seems the design of the windows program seems to assume anyone you might call is someone on your contacts list. I use this as a means of streamlining office work, and being able to control my Anrdoid from my PC helps. However, a vast majority of my calls are not on my contacts list, so I'm stuck using the website. Not a complaint really, just makes the PC program far less useful.

Oh, and I second the request for context elements in browsers. To be able to highlight a number, right click, and call would be beautiful.

Thanks for a great product!
Pestus
beit(Kjell+på+jobb)

The click-to-dial handling with tel: links really needs to happen. I just payed for premium to get that "call from web" only to find it doesnt handle tel: links from web-pages.
We use a custom web-based CRM system combined with G Suite. In our small country all the offerings for systems that can handle this is "you have to buy Skype for business". If Airdroid could handle the tel: links, we would probably buy it for our entire enterprise just for that feature alone. Yes, there are other apps, like Myphoneexplorer that could, but only for Android. We have a byod policy and a mix of iPhones and androids. Airdroid would be perfect if it only could be the default protocol-handler for tel: in windows.
beit(Kjell+på+jobb)
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 56