Device and Battery Temperature

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:56 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Carrmuha
OP

Device and Battery Temperature

It would be nice if the temperature of the phone and battery could be viewable when logged in from a desktop web browser. It would be nice to be able to see it along with the battery icon that currently displays how much of a charge is remaining.
I think that it is critical to be alerted if and when the temp is starting to get too high, and be able to to decide what to do when that happens (such as, force screen off, cancel/pause some or all file transfers, force phone reboot, force phone shutdown, etc.) so that the battery and phone can cool down before any damage is done to the phone, batter, charger (if attached), etc.

In less than 4 months, I have killed at least 6 phone chargers because my phone was plugged up and charging, and the temperature got too hot because the phone was working too hard. Although running AirDroid is not the sole cause of the genocide of phone my chargers, it is definitely a significant contributing factor. If there was some sort of fail-safe to prevent the phone from overheating while using AirDroid, than at least 4 of those 6 chargers could have been saved. It is just a matter of time before the heat kills the phone. So far I have been lucky that my phone has not been destroyed by the heat, that instead the battery has ran out of juice causing the phone to power off and therefore cool down.
Carrmuha
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235464

Latest Member: Mark

Online: 48