Explain why I have to open the airdroid app before i can use it remotely?

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:01 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
spacegogo
OP

Explain why I have to open the airdroid app before i can use it remotely?

Its a simple question. The whole point of the app is to access the phone remotely aka far away. So then, why do I need to log into/open the airdroid app on my phone in order to access it through my computer???????

What if I lost my phone and wished to find it/pull files etc? Or what If I simply don't want to go and get my phone seeing as this app is meant to be all about convenience?

Is this an airdroid stunt taking away features that used to be there, so you have to go premium or am I missing something?
Just to reiterate I get the following prompt:
1. Unlock or awake your device
2. Check the network connection of your device

After I open to app on my phone im all set. Does anyone else see how this is stupid? Is there a work around?
spacegogo
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi spacegogo,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

If you have signed in to AirDroid app on your device and turned on "Push service" in "Settings", AirDroid app should automatically launch when you sign in to web.airdroid.com with the same AirDroid account.

Do you mean that you keep getting the error message:
1. Unlock or awake your device
2. Check the network connection of your device

And when you open AirDroid app, the connection between your device and PC will be built? If yes, would you please open AirDroid app and check the status of "Push sevice" in "Settings"? If you have turned it on, does it show "Connected" or "Disconnected"?
LVHAlfons
ridwannajmi

Title

So the push is connected.

When I click disconnect (to stop the web.airdroid connection from my computer) on the airdroid app on my phone, I am unable to log back in from web.airdroid untill I exit and re-open the app on my phone.

I figured out the issue it seems. in LAN connection mode once the big white disconnect button is pressed and airdroid is left active on the phone. web.airdroid will be unable to reconnect untill the phone app is closed and re-opened. This problem does not occur in remote connection mode.

perhaps something for the tech boys to look into?

thanks
ridwannajmi
OliverTTM

Title

Same probleme here. A long time it worked without problems, since two weeks or so mostly it doesn't work and i have to open the app manually -.- to get a conncetion. Sometimes i works but mostly it does not.
Sorry for (bad?) english, it's not my language, try my best.
OliverTTM
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for the continued feedback. Our product team will look into this and try to figure out the cause asap.
LVHAlfons
Alcosulug

Title

My "Push Service" says disconnected. I'm assuming this is why mine is not working. How do I fix that?
Alcosulug
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi hueben,
You turned on "Push Service" and it shows "Disconnected"? If yes, would you please tell us your AirDroid account? You may send it to support@airdroid.com :)
LVHAlfons
ColetteBr

Title

"You turned on "Push Service" and it shows "Disconnected"? If yes, would
you please tell us your AirDroid account? You may send it to
support@airdroid.com"

Same Problem to me. Please help me, my AirDroid account name: chinhs@gmail.com

Thank and waiting for support!
ColetteBr
AlphonseN

Title

Same here.
My account is pkoutsogiannis@gmail.com

Push service is 99% disconnected and when it is connected it does not work (have to start Airdroid manually in order to connect). This started happening a month or so ago.

[Running Galaxy note 3 on stock rom 4.3]
AlphonseN
OliverTTM

Title

I'm still having the issue, my push service is always connected, so that's not the problem i think. But to 80% Airdroid does not start on my phone when i start airdroid on my pc. Mostly i have to take my phone, open AirDroid...and there we go - and this is ********* -.-
Help?! -_-
OliverTTM
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha

Online: 33