Some time later, Load Airdroid again, go to videos
See Videos: A, B, C, D, E, F
Select Videos D, E, F
Click "Download"
D, E and F are downloading.

Confirm on my PC that A B C downloaded correctly
Select Videos A, B, C
Click "Delete"
Videos A, B, C, D, E, and F are deleted.

Download completes, but the zip only contains D.
Videos E and F are lost.

What happened: It did not occur to me that Videos D E and F might still be 'selected' when I marked A B and C for deletion and I did not notice that this was the case. On a PC, I would expect a new selection to cancel-out and old selection (for example: On a PC, try selecting three files, opening them, then selecting one, single file. The initial three should be unselected.) I would also expect that deleting a file I'm currently processing should cause an error, and not silently succeed.

Since it seems overly complicated to make file selection through my browser on Airdroid work exactly like file selection on Windows, and the "deleting a file you're currently downloading" error might be impossible to detect, I request that Airdroid works around this issue by Deselecting all videos after the download request is made. This way, no one may accidentally delete the very files they are trying to save.

(Making it more obvious which files are selected, either while selecting or upon deletion, would also help. But I believe deselection is the better solution)
blue_j
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi blue_j,
Thanks for your valuable feedback and suggestion. We will look into this issue and try to make improvements in future updates.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions about AirDroid :)
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235538

Latest Member: NeOn

Online: 48