Airdroid desktop app for chrome.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:41 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
mgsfan
OP

Airdroid desktop app for chrome.

I realized that this may require a pretty dramatic overhaul of the system, but it'd be really, REALLY cool if there was an Airdroid Desktop extension in Chrome that you could pin to the windows task bar like it was it's own program. This is one of the coolest features of Chrome (I think), and would help in making Airdroid stand out from the multitude of phone-pc apps out there.
mgsfan
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi mgsfan,
Thanks for your suggestion :)

Actually a chrome app has existed: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/airdroid?hl=en-US

You may have a try. And feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions :)
LVHAlfons
cvika

Title

Thank you for responding to my request. As for the link to the AirDroid app you suggested above, I was talking about something more akin to the Wunderlist desktop app or the Postman Packaged App. Technically, they run in a chrome.exe instance when you open them. But, they appear to run outside the browser as a standalone client installation. They even have their own icon's for the task bar.Image I think it'd help AirDroid appear more professional to potential users.

I bring this up mostly as a preference issue for me right now. I prefer to use Firefox, and I'd prefer to not have a random Chrome window open just for AirDroid. If I'm going to have a random Chrome instance open just for AirDroid, it be neat if the Chrome instance was branded with AirDroid stuff instead of Chrome stuff. It's probably just me that would get a kick out of this, but I hope that isn't the case.
cvika
cvika

Title

cvika
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi mgsfan,
Thanks for your continued feedback.

Actually we are trying to make an AirDroid packaged app. But not sure if this can be done. There are some technical problems. Anyway, we will try our best to make it happen.

Thanks again for your suggestion :)
LVHAlfons
cvika

Title

That's pretty cool yo. I'm glad to hear that we're on the same page at least. \m/

I figured that there would be some minor technical difficulties getting the packaged app up and going. But, you guy will figure it out. I'm pullin' for ya.

I'm looking forward to playing around with the packaged app when you guys roll it out. :-c

Cheers! B-)
cvika
LVHAlfons

Title

:) We will try our best.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235471