Better Control of Tablet Browser

Sat May 03, 2014 2:40 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Dgutman
OP

Better Control of Tablet Browser

I am interested in AirDroid mainly as a way to control my tablet browser from my pc, which is too old to effectively render web pages. With AirDroid, I can have two screens -- the tablet for fast web access, and the pc monitor for all other applications. Could we have more options for control of the tablet browser? As a simple example, could AirDroid import tablet or pc browser bookmarks so that clicking on a website name would send the url to the tablet, rather than having to type in each url or set up each name/url combination individually? Also could AirDroid keep track of open tabs on the tablet browser, or at least those opened by AirDroid, and allow us to close them as needed?
Alternatively, a keyboard toggle that would switch the pc keyboard and mouse to controlling the tablet could do the trick, particularly for closing tabs. Having AirDroid on the pc send keyboard and mouse codes to the mobile device would work for other mobile apps as well.
Dgutman
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi Dgutman,
Thanks for your suggestion and sorry for the late reply.

Sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support this.

A similar feature is to share the URL between your PC and device.

Go to web.airdroid.com > Toolbox > URL > type the URL in it and click the right arrow, the website will be opened on your device.

Try if it helps. Feel free to contact us if you need any help :)
LVHAlfons
fork95crop

Title

It is the similar feature that I'm complaining about. I have maybe 100 browser bookmarks. Finding the right name in the browser list and then copying and pasting the url wastes time. I could set up icons in AirDroid for each url, but that wastes even more time, and there isn't room on the screen for 100 icons.
But you say you are working on a stand-alone pc client, so maybe you could consider a design metaphor closer to that of a pc application. That is, in addition to a screen full of square icons, you could add a menu bar including "Bookmarks" in addition to "File", "Edit", "View", etc.
fork95crop
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha

Online: 36