AirDroid 3 on linux desktop

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:05 pm in Feature Requests

page 3 / 11 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 >> go to
IkaVossnu

Title

+1 I cannot make it run properly using wine.
IkaVossnu
K67M

Title

I'm linux user. I'm eager to experience the air mirror feature which land on airdroid 3.Because of web version can not use that feature.

I think that Win/Mac users are not eager to use air mirror feature like Linux user, because of almost all apps are already have their native PC client on Windows/Mac.
K67M
AguedaMcIl

Title

+1
AguedaMcIl
PerryFQLm

Title

This is quite of a not-clever step made by the AirDroid team. But yea, who am I to judge a whole team? Anyway I will still air my review on why this is quite of a bad step for the whole AirDroid team and the AirDroid experience.

I am an advanced user. I tweak my phones and explore a myriad of great alternatives to something. To narrow my life story here, I basically modify my phone from time to time; you can guess now; I am a custom ROM user. Due to my life basically being on a forum (read: XDA), I know AirDroid from there. Oh guess what? XDA has many members of which they are advanced users. What's up with advanced users? Not all of them use Windoze and Mac. It is quite an embarrassment for me if I am a part of the team, to know that there is no Linux client for AirDroid when in fact AirDroid gained traction from websites and even forums that practises advanced things.

I've spent many weeks waiting to know if AirDroid releases a client for the Linux OS. But it seemed it isn't yet, I quote "AirDroid for Linux is not in the plan now. But we'll take it into consideration", in which exactly make me feel more annoyed. My patience ends there, right when I read that sentence in this thread. Therefore I created an account to express my feelings about the product and service AirDroid has to offer. The extra funny part is that you guys will take "into consideration" about this matter. How nice of you guys forgetting about Linux in the first place. Whoops maybe Android was not built on Linux then.

I actually thought to buy a subscription to help you guys and also thank you guys for creating such of a great service. But I don't know. The statement above makes my money feel useless to you

It is quite sad to see products are made to focus on income (yea Windoze and Mac users because they are rich) rather than whole usability for any users. Your web client suck without the mirror functionality. How can I control WhatsApp from there? It has been my long hope to see that coming

but hell do you guys care. this comment will be disregarded. In fact, why would you guys care for only a person not buying your product? Why care for a random person ranting in the discussion board?

Keep up the great work.
PerryFQLm
wi18249

Title

+1
wi18249
wi18249

Title

+1 At least can we get notifications that work outside of having a browser window open?
wi18249
TerriConn

Title

Is there a Linux version?
TerriConn
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 11 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN