Double Notifications on Airdroid Windows program?

Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:23 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Stoops
OP

Double Notifications on Airdroid Windows program?

Hey guys,
Whenever I get a text message from someone and it sucessfully forwards it to my PC, I get two notifications: One stating the party's name, and another saying they texted me. Only the latter includes the actual text. Why have both? It should be cut down to one notification, no?

Thanks
Stoops
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.

One is the notification of the text message, you can reply in this pop-up. The other is AirDroid notification mirror.

You can go to AirDroid settings on AirDroid app > Notification Mirror > Allowed apps > uncheck the box next to "Messaging" and tap OK.

Try if this helps :)
LVHAlfons
eliaselmo4

Title

I like these notifications for Messages but is there any way for them to disappear automatically like the other notifications do?
Thanks!
eliaselmo4
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi NDSoul,
We'll improve this in next AirDroid Windows/Mac update. A setting of Auto dismiss SMS notifications will be added.

Thanks for the suggestion :)
LVHAlfons
RozellaEll

Title

Hi,
I hope this is a good place to post this. Right now, while I try to chat on Google Hangouts (bttom right corner of my screen), each message doubles and pops up an AirDroid alert which overlaps my chat window, basically making it impossible to have a Hangouts conversation.

I really just want AirDroid to notify me of SMSes, because that's the only thing I don't already get notified on my computer anyway. Is there a way to stop Hangouts notices but send SMS notices (which are handled by Hangouts on my phone) ? If not, AirDroid is pretty useless and just adds lots of visual and audio noise.

Thanks.
RozellaEll
cvika

Title

I tried to disable the notifications as described above by going to Settings > Notification Mirror > Allowed Apps. But I couldn't find the selector for the Messaging app that I use. I use the old default messaging app from my old HTC myTouch 4G on my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4.4. The SMS app I use is just called "Messaging" as far as I know. Not to be confused with Facebook's "Messenger" app. So far the most effective thing I've found is to go to Settings > Notification Mirror > Notification Mirror Service and just turn off the AirDroid Notification Mirror Service.

Anyways, the Allowed Apps only seems to grab "Recent Apps" and the recent apps are pretty disorganized. Could sort functionality be added to the Allowed Apps screen to order the apps alphabetically?

Thanks.
cvika
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235472

Latest Member: Bax

Online: 95