Re-direct call & message splitting

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:25 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
kylle
OP

Re-direct call & message splitting

Hello. I'm very new to this app and i think it's good in many ways, tho i have some issues.
Redirect calls - I would look forward to see a re-direct feature, so you'll be able to redirect the call from the phone to the PC and talk with the person on the phone thought your headset which is pluged into your PC.

Message splitting - When i'm typing longer messages on Airdroid, it automaticly splits of the message when it's getting too long. This is a big issue for me, as i always type longer messages with either friends or coworkers. The splitting feature is basicly spamming the reciever.

Are these features already enabled and is it just me who can't figure out how it works or... ?
kylle
BonitaS95

Title

I agree with this on message splitting... In the web app I type a message that is 200(ish) characters and instead of splitting it at 160 - which would at least make sense - it splits the message into 5 messages that are roughly 50 characters each... why? I am a new convert from mightytext - is this a setting I just can't find? Please help! Thank you!
BonitaS95
odiliabramlettoz4392

Title

According to this:

http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1653903-long-sms-split-into-several-parts-on-android-4-4-x

AirDroid is supposed to split messages at 140 characters and there's nothing at this time that they can do about that.

Ok. Fine. Fair enough.

But I'm here because it's not even allowing *half* that long of messages. Mine are being split at 67 characters and have been for quite a while now. I just haven't bothered to go searching for an answer until now.

I really hope someone from Sand Studio can chime in here and offer some insight/solution.
odiliabramlettoz4392
lupitahummerjo3989

Title

I agree with the message splitting. It's very annoyng. My default sms app on the phone doesn't split them but it tells me how many messages are in fact. but everything is sent as a single one. WHy can't aidroid do the same thing?
lupitahummerjo3989
LVHAlfons

Title

@kylle

1. Feature request collected. Actually dealing with a call on PC is not supported yet due to some technical restrictions. We'll keep an eye on it and try to add it when it is technical feasible.

@yourdardar @gabriell_bucur @kylle

If you are using Android 4.4+, you may encounter SMS splitting issue when sending SMS. Sorry about this More details: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1653903-long-sms-split-into-several-parts-on-android-4-4-x

@LinuxNtwrkng

140 characters are approximate number, it may varies on carrier/country.
LVHAlfons
Derick21Y7

Title

I know that Apple iPhones have the ability to ring on a person's MAC, iPad, etc. and they are able to answer the calls there, so it would be wonderful if this feature could be implemented. I love the idea that I can see someone calling me if I am at my PC, but it's no use if my cell phone is not near me. I would have to run to find it and miss the call. If I had this feature I could just answer the call from my PC. In addition, it would be great to be able to re-direct the call to any other phone number as well.
Derick21Y7
LVHAlfons

Title

@namastewellness
Not supported right now.. We'll keep an eye on it and try to add that when it is technical feasible.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235433

Latest Member: Amir eldar

Online: 29