Please let us remove icons from the web desktop, especially the bloatware icons

Sun May 31, 2015 10:08 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
fitzhugh
OP

Please let us remove icons from the web desktop, especially the bloatware icons

Please let us remove the bloatware links. I use linux and find the web desktop is just too messy and filled with stuff I have absolutely no interest in using. I would use many more of the functions in Airdroid if they weren't so jumbled together with bloatware. As it is, almost half the screen is filled with icons I did not put there. I would keep a couple and add others if I could get rid of the rest but it is just too messy as it is now. The only thing I've ever used airdroid for is uploading files by clicking that icon, then drag and drop stuff I want to upload into the directory. I played around and explored every aspect of it when I first installed it so I know what it can do. I also find it very very useful and well designed, only the junk stuff gets in the way and keeps me from bothering. I'd always rather pick up my phone or my tablet and use it since they only have what I want on them. (well, the samsung fondleslab is also full of crapware, but at least I can almost always avoid seeing it). 

fitzhugh
Coffee Admin

Re: Please let us remove icons from the web desktop, especially the bloatware icons

Please let us remove the bloatware links. I use linux and find the web desktop is just too messy and filled with stuff I have absolutely no interest in using. I would use many more of the functions in Airdroid if they weren't so jumbled together with bloatware. As it is, almost half the screen is filled with icons I did not put there. I would keep a couple and add others if I could get rid of the rest but it is just too messy as it is now. The only thing I've ever used airdroid for is uploading files by clicking that icon, then drag and drop stuff I want to upload into the directory. I played around and explored every aspect of it when I first installed it so I know what it can do. I also find it very very useful and well designed, only the junk stuff gets in the way and keeps me from bothering. I'd always rather pick up my phone or my tablet and use it since they only have what I want on them. (well, the samsung fondleslab is also full of crapware, but at least I can almost always avoid seeing it).  

Thanks for the suggestion. I've collected the feature request and we'll consider optimizing it. Do you mean you only want some icons like Files stay on the desktop and don't want SMS, Find Phone, etc.?
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235471

Latest Member: Laksh

Online: 85