AirMirror window on PC - make it resizable? And codec suggestionquestion

Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:02 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
HowlingWolf
OP

AirMirror window on PC - make it resizable? And codec suggestion

This is an awesome app, and AirMirror is a great feature, seeing as there are not many VNC servers for Android and I haven't been able to get any of them to work.

But may I suggest you make the client window on the PC resizable? Seems like a pretty obvious missing feature to me.

Also, what codec does AirMirror use? I tried a screen sharing app which used H.264 and it was blazing fast and very responsive; AirMirror could benefit from that approach.

Cheers,
HowlingWolf
Coffee Admin

Re: AirMirror window on PC - make it resizable? And codec suggestion

This is an awesome app, and AirMirror is a great feature, seeing as there are not many VNC servers for Android and I haven't been able to get any of them to work.

But may I suggest you make the client window on the PC resizable? Seems like a pretty obvious missing feature to me.

Also, what codec does AirMirror use? I tried a screen sharing app which used H.264 and it was blazing fast and very responsive; AirMirror could benefit from that approach.

Cheers,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've collected it and we'll consider improving it in future updates.

AirMirror uses ndk. As to the screen sharing app, can you tell me the app name so that we can give it a try? Thanks.
Coffee
Admin
HowlingWolf

Hi!

The screen sharing app is called MirrorOp Sender. The PC requires an program called MirrorOp Receiver. It doesn't use H.264 by default: that's a setting the user has to change in the MirrorOp Sender app.

In case it's helpful, my phone is a Nexus 4 running rooted stock Android 5.1.1. The PC runs Win 8.1 x86-64
HowlingWolf
Coffee Admin

Hi!

The screen sharing app is called MirrorOp Sender. The PC requires an program called MirrorOp Receiver. It doesn't use H.264 by default: that's a setting the user has to change in the MirrorOp Sender app.

In case it's helpful, my phone is a Nexus 4 running rooted stock Android 5.1.1. The PC runs Win 8.1 x86-64

Thanks for the info. We'll take a look at it :)
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235028

Latest Member: Jasika

Online: 22