Request to build a plugin for Pidgin to send and receive SMS messages for Windows

Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:01 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
kenneth.french.222
OP

Request to build a plugin for Pidgin to send and receive SMS messages for Windows

Request to build a plugin for Pidgin to send and receive SMS messages

I enjoy using ONE program to send messages to my friends/contacts whether it would be Facebook, Google, AIM, etc. How fantastic would it be to include a plugin for the Pidgin program (http://pidgin.im/ ) -- a multi protocol chat client. I much prefer a keyboard than a touchscreen interface and would be an excellent addition to Pidgin to integrate with AirDroid and my phone. That way I can use my computer and respond to text messages just like an instant message, in real time, without going between programs and integrating with a great program. I love Airdroid as well as Pidgin and seeing them merge would be fantastic!
kenneth.french.222
Coffee Admin

Re: Request to build a plugin for Pidgin to send and receive SMS messages for Windows

Request to build a plugin for Pidgin to send and receive SMS messages

I enjoy using ONE program to send messages to my friends/contacts whether it would be Facebook, Google, AIM, etc. How fantastic would it be to include a plugin for the Pidgin program (http://pidgin.im/ ) -- a multi protocol chat client. I much prefer a keyboard than a touchscreen interface and would be an excellent addition to Pidgin to integrate with AirDroid and my phone. That way I can use my computer and respond to text messages just like an instant message, in real time, without going between programs and integrating with a great program. I love Airdroid as well as Pidgin and seeing them merge would be fantastic!

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll assess the feasibility and consider adding this in the future :)
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 27