Click to dial from browser

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:12 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
leif.neland
OP

Click to dial from browser

I'd love a browser plugin, so I can click a number on a webpage on the PC, perhaps tel:-links, and make the phone dial it.
wsinclair530 likes this post.
leif.neland
Coffee Admin

Re: Click to dial from browser

@leif.neland

Hi, you may go to AirDroid Web, click the + and create a contact name with phone number like tel://xxxxxxx. Double click the new contact icon and you'll be leaded to Skype or similar apps :)

Try if this helps.

Coffee
Admin
Teresa Ortiz

Teresa Ortiz
Leif Neland

I have seen this request before, and the same irrellevant answer.
You don't seem to understand the issue.

If I click on a tel:1-555-2020 link in the browser on the pc, I want airdroid the desktop app) to process this data and make my phone dial the number.

Just like a mailto:somebody@dom.invalid will start my mail program (or perhaps gmail,com) to handle it
Leif Neland
Coffee Admin

I have seen this request before, and the same irrellevant answer.
You don't seem to understand the issue.

If I click on a tel:1-555-2020 link in the browser on the pc, I want airdroid the desktop app) to process this data and make my phone dial the number.

Just like a mailto:somebody@dom.invalid will start my mail program (or perhaps gmail,com) to handle it
Sorry, AirDroid now doesn't support this. Add tel://number will lead you to skype when you click it.

You can also add a contact shortcut which allows you to call that contact.
Coffee
Admin
Leif Neland

Sorry, AirDroid now doesn't support this. Add tel://number will lead you to skype when you click it.

You can also add a contact shortcut which allows you to call that contact.

Well that's the meaning of a feature request

In the browser I can set up which external programs are to handle some protocols.

Just like mailto: can be sent to different mail programs, tel: can be sent to skype, or my pc-desktop voip phone program, it can be sent to the airdroid desktop application.

I have actually tried setting AirDroid.exe, AirCmd.exe, Helper.exe and Launcher,exe as handlers for tel:url, but naturally, they don't know what to do with the number. (Luckily most programs are not more clever than their programmers yet :-) )

Remember, I'm not talking about airdroid running in a browser, I'm talking about the desktop app.
Leif Neland
Coffee Admin

Well that's the meaning of a feature request

In the browser I can set up which external programs are to handle some protocols.

Just like mailto: can be sent to different mail programs, tel: can be sent to skype, or my pc-desktop voip phone program, it can be sent to the airdroid desktop application.

I have actually tried setting AirDroid.exe, AirCmd.exe, Helper.exe and Launcher,exe as handlers for tel:url, but naturally, they don't know what to do with the number. (Luckily most programs are not more clever than their programmers yet :-) )

Remember, I'm not talking about airdroid running in a browser, I'm talking about the desktop app.

Got it. Sorry that I misunderstood you.

Thanks for your suggestion. I've recorded this and we'll consider it :)
4 people like this post.
Coffee
Admin
todo

Thanks for your suggestion. I've recorded this and we'll consider it Image
This function we need right now :) It would be so good to have it...
Can we order this future from you? or smt.
We need to make calls using only one click on the web page in pc.
todo
Leif Neland

Thanks for your suggestion. I've recorded this and we'll consider it Image

Any progress?
Leif Neland
Arjun Khoosal

We also really really need this. You already have a chrome extension - work it into that! Would be such a nifty extension and it doesn't seem that hard to do.
Arjun Khoosal
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 74