Bluetooth support?

Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:20 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
ericbob
OP

Bluetooth support?

Will you please support Bluetooth? Both of my Android and laptop have bluetooth and it'll be great if AirDroid can use bluetooth to connect them.
ericbob
SEO Crawler

Title

Airdroid uses a lot of bandwidth that I'm not so sure Bluetooth can handle.
SEO Crawler
careless_whisper

Title

I'm pretty sure you can try enabling tethering so that your mobile creates a WiFi network, connecting to it and running AirDroid. I used to do it with SwiFTP at school (WiFi in there had a lot of stability problems).
careless_whisper
thegoo

Title

What an Awesome!!!! App!!!
I too, would like to at least be able to test connectivity via bluetooth.

I work in front of computers all day, 5 days a week, and would love have access to my phone via AirDroid(like... most of the day), but using my phone as a hot spot (even though i'm rooted...) all day is not feasible. I usually have my phone plugged in and charging anyway, so extended bluetooth connectivity would be no different then my long commute... :-)
thegoo
davidaverett

Title

Perhaps there could be a way of using bluetooth to setup the initial connection and then use wifi for the rest? i.e. if computer and phone are paired in bluetooth, then that computer is trusted and can login to the phone without the password or something.
davidaverett
mejohnmaher

Title

+1 BLUETOOTH!!!! for simplified features. Wi-Fi for the rest or more secure/encrypted connection. Must have!!!
mejohnmaher
SamanthaMMedeiros

Title

I don't understand why the client only start if wifi is connected. i think the connection option is the chose of the user or not.
But very great app!

I hope you disable the wifi obligation and a Pluginmanager for Plugins like Whatsapp and other APPS.

Regards

m1LLo
SamanthaMMedeiros
GGLEW

Title

I would really like to have he ability to connect airdroid with my computer with bluetooth. It would saves a bit on my mobile data plan and could be automatically paired with my phone still in my pocket. It could be a limited version and allow only sms for example(depending on the bluetooth limitations. I don't know about them)Thanks

Mathieu Paquin
GGLEW
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support connecting via Bluetooth. We've gathered your feature request and will try to make improvements in future updates.

And you man refer to the guide here to see if it helps: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/porta ... es/1296187 (how to use AirDroid without Wi-Fi or other network connection)
LVHAlfons
amiss85

Title

+1
amiss85
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235039

Latest Member: yogo