miniBill
OP

Source code?

Is the source code available?
Will it ever be?
miniBill
mikeybaby72

Title

I don't think so. Why would it be opensource?
mikeybaby72
lsc

Title

Lots of great software is open source. miniBill is just asking.
lsc
kyu

Title

First of all it is already free,so why not become open source.At least for user contributions.
kyu
brandbas

Title

Also, code inspection for security bug. After all it has access to a lot of things...
brandbas
able2ru

Title

I would like to modify AirDroid so it works over the Internet. I guess I could just setup a VPN.
able2ru
TheMusiKid

Title

To make plugins and see how our apps work in airdroid would be incredible
TheMusiKid
Release

Title

As cool as this would be, They wouldn't have to make it open source to allow you to make plugins. That can be done just by exporting a Plugins API through JavaScript or even through a included interpreter (builtin or otherwise, Python is already available for Android, so is PHP, etc.)
Also @Malikster: They probably don't want a million versions of AirDroid available, it makes sense for a closed-source application as there are many people out there who will take the code from an open-source application, tweak it ever so slightly and then release it as their own

So while I think it would be cool for AirDroid to go open source, I respect the developers for keeping it closed.
Release
fkereki

Title

Would it be possible to share the source for how you're running the web server? Did you use jetty or kws or nanohttp? or did you write something on your own?
I like the idea of running a web server on a phone. My request is because I'm trying to write software for a team of volunteer optometrists who take used glasses to third-world countries and give them out. They usually travel for 3000+ glasses so they need software to catalog the glasses and also to help them find the closest match. I'm in the process of writing the software to run on a web server on a laptop and have people connect to it via tablets, but I'd much rather have the web server running on android so I can load it on something cheaper and something that has much better battery life.
Any help or at least pointing in a direction for what software to use for the web server on android would be greatly appreciate!
fkereki
fkereki

Title

Would it be possible to share the source for how you're running the web server? Did you use jetty or kws or nanohttp? or did you write something on your own?
I like the idea of running a web server on a phone. My request is because I'm trying to write software for a team of volunteer optometrists who take used glasses to third-world countries and give them out. They usually travel for 3000+ glasses so they need software to catalog the glasses and also to help them find the closest match. I'm in the process of writing the software to run on a web server on a laptop and have people connect to it via tablets, but I'd much rather have the web server running on android so I can load it on something cheaper and something that has much better battery life.
Any help or at least pointing in a direction for what software to use for the web server on android would be greatly appreciate!
fkereki
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235444

Latest Member: amir

Online: 17