+ disable splitting SMS , in previous version sent SMS weren't splitted
MFabro
leadounce9

Title

+2 for that!
leadounce9
leocondor1

Title

+1 to that! Where are the delivery reports? and why are SMS messages split?
leocondor1
stonesampan24

Title

+1 This has been a problem for me since launch. Live in a rural area where signal can be spotty, so it's very useful to know whether or not people are getting my messages. I actually assumed it would be an API issue, as it seems like a particularly obvious feature to include.
stonesampan24
greencone82

Title

+1

Especially the splitting of SMS. I understand needing to split it to send >160 characters, but it'd be great if it could be shown as one long text rather than lots of short ones
greencone82
headselect2

Title

None of the 3rd-party SMS app is allowed to send messages with more than 140 characters (approximate number, carrier/country dependent), if the app is not defaulted messaging service provider, because Google has changed messaging service/API permission for non-default message app.That’s to say, the message sent via non-default SMS App will be split evenly automatically by Android System with version 4.4 +, if it exceeds the 140 character. And AirDroid SMS feature, as you might understand, can still not be defaulted as SMS App.
headselect2
greencone82

Title

Ahh OK.

I have seen other apps (Endless Jabber and Pushbullet) work around this, and this was due to it linking with EvolveSMS, rather than the Android SMS system: http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/13 ... ntegration
greencone82
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 6 / 7 << 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235473

Latest Member: wsa55

Online: 82