Remote Access with Keyboard Support

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:56 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Paladin
OP

Remote Access with Keyboard Support

Are there any plans to have remote access? i.e. view the phone from the PC.
It would be great to be able to text from the PC using Kakaotalk or Whatsapp. I find it painful to message using these apps from my phone. If this can be done, it will be like GTalk i.e. can message from PC or phone. This could be a winning feature for this app.

Just my 2 cents.
Paladin
ruidetk

Title

I think almost what you're asking exists in the current version. You can certainly use Airdroid as a desktop texting interface to send and receive SMS.
True VNC/RDP type access to your droid screens is only possible through a rooted device though. So I guess why they left it out of Airdroid as it's best kept as less technical as possible to appeal to a wider market.

If you do have a rooted device, and you don't mind a less sexy interface than Airdroid, then you could try Remote Web Desktop by Smartdog Studio.
ruidetk
antarlie79

Title

I know this is an old topic but I have been using airdroid for a while but I also have to use WiFi Keyboard to type messages through a web interface for other applications such as Whatsapp. My phone isn't rooted and WiFi Keyboard works well.
It would be nice if you could incorporate a wifi keyboard within airdroid?

Amazing product and thank you for all the hard work.
antarlie79
LVHAlfons

Title

@Paladin, @Flaggy, @Sting,
Thanks for your suggestion and sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support remote control your device. We've collected your suggestion, and will try to make improvements in future updates.

@Sting

Thanks for the info. We'll give WiFi Keyboard a try :)
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235555

Latest Member: Ok

Online: 40