A few feature suggestions

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:50 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Xaero252
OP

A few feature suggestions

VNC - I bumped another thread with information on how to implement this, and fully support the idea, being able to directly interact with the Android operating system within the AirDroid client would be excellent, and with VNC or NoMachine this is fully possible, and since there is an open source HTML5 based VNC client, implementation (for the client side) shouldn't be horrible, the only difficult situation would be the server-side software and security, which I covered in the other thread.2.) Audio/Video Tunneling support for voice and video calls. (This way you can initiate a call from the PC, or accept one from the PC without using the handset at all)AirDroid API/App Market. This is useful for one reason only: User generated content and features. Imagine enabling users to create HTML5 based applications to interface with various phone functions, or to add general functionality to AirDroid. Furthermore it would enable AirDroid to be a full fledged web portal in addition to an access point for your phone from your PC. More widgets for the AirDroid Desktop etc. Since most of the processing for AirDroid is done on the PC (client) side, this wouldn't add too much overhead for most smartphones.SU features. For example, the file manager only allows me to access one of my two SD cards, instead of showing me the root file system, and letting me play freely; I suggest detecting the su executable on the android device and prompting if the user wants to enable SU features if its detected upon installation.More advanced Drag & Drop support - Say I have a group of files for testing that I want to drag onto my developer phone, and I select them all in Windows Explorer. With HTML5 it wouldn't be horribly tricky to be able to drag them directly into an open folder in Air Droid. Themes/customization - this ties in with the user generated content, and is pretty self explanatory.
Xaero252
Siva_Kovvuri

Title

1+
Siva_Kovvuri
maddin

Title

+1 to Drag&Drop
maddin
ingermarien

Title

And the function to import complete folders
ingermarien
kianfatt1982

Title

Would totally love to see those features.
(Specially Themes... Is not that I don't like Apple OS's look and feel but it's exactly that... )
kianfatt1982
yourzero

Title

Regarding #3 "AirDroid API"

See the thread on this subject here:
http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/248/developer-apiplugin-support
yourzero
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads