Support SMS program like Viber

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
biki
OP

Support SMS program like Viber

I notice that AirDroid can send/receive SMS from PC desktop. But many people like me and my friends often use Viber to do SMS works. So if AirDroid can support using 3rd SMS programs, it would be great!
biki
senugvakeva

Title

+1 i need this too !I always use Viber !
senugvakeva
AndrewIrvine

Title

I want the feature, too. It is easier to work on the computer, when you can use Viber or WhatsApp with AirDroid and not tipping on the smartphone.
AndrewIrvine
chikumbarichard

Title

Yes please. Would be grand!
chikumbarichard
TyroneHer

Title

It might be grand, but I don't think it'd happen. Forcing the SMS client to send a text message is easy. Android's core files will do this automatically, the same way that Handcent or GoSMS would do this.
Viber however with it being a 3rd party program and having their own servers to send the information, would require some way of getting into the apps framework and forcing it to send a text that way. I know personally I wouldn't take the time to do it unless I was getting paid and we're not going to even getting into the legal aspect of things.

Sorry guys
TyroneHer
Claire

Title

Same goes from here.. nd let that be free please :D
Claire
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your suggestion. AirDroid now do not support using 3rd party programs. But our team keep working and will try to add this in future updates. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or suggestions about AirDroid.
LVHAlfons
jamestredwell009

Title

We have to have some encryption of SMS

TextSecure is a good example of a replacement for the stock SMS

We need this. Without Airdroid support, it's back to composing all messages on the tiny kbrd.
jamestredwell009
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 35