Microphone

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:00 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
pline
OP

Microphone

Access to the microphone would be very nice. Then you can use your android phone as a security gadget. As Webcam and with sound record to hear what is going in in your house.
2 people like this post.
pline
testorsen

Re: Microphone

I'd like too see that implementent, too.
testorsen
Lillian Admin

Access to the microphone would be very nice. Then you can use your android phone as a security gadget. As Webcam and with sound record to hear what is going in in your house.
I'd like too see that implementent, too.

Hi, Thanks for your idea!
We are still evaluating the possibility of it. Please kindly stay tuned.
Would you mind telling us more information about usage scenario in your mind so that we can be more specifically about this feature? For example, why do you want this feature under which circumstance? THX!Image
Lillian
Admin
testorsen

Hi, Thanks for your idea!
We are still evaluating the possibility of it. Please kindly stay tuned.
Would you mind telling us more information about usage scenario in your mind so that we can be more specifically about this feature? For example, why do you want this feature under which circumstance? THX!Image

I'd suggest to implement a video/audio stream instead of a stream of single jpeg images. I imagine we would be able to select if we wanted to see/hear only the video, only the audio, or both combined in the web interface. Replacing single jpegs by a video stream would also probably reduce the required bandwith, since video codes are typically able to compress the data more efficently then algorithms that use a single picture as source.

Anyways, adding audio from the mic seems like a good idea for the following scenarios:
  • baby monitor (if you've fallen asleep there's no use of pictures, you need to HEAR the baby to wake up)
  • device theft (tapping in to the mic makes identifying the thief much more probable)
  • being able to monitor things that are out of your camera view or that are not giving any visual indicators (for example devices that make noises to inform the user, a microwave oven for instance)
  • being able to locate the device when location services (wifi, gps) are deactivated and the device is left in a dark surrounding (bags, pocket, etc)
It's definetely a useful feature that I'd really like to see implemented.
testorsen
emekmy

Hello, Any news for this feature please?
I am using Airdroid as premium user since a long time, and if we can have access to mic, it will be really usefull.
Thanks
emekmy
silencer

any new news for this is would be vary useful
silencer
Niki Admin

any new news for this is would be vary useful

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Any development, we will let you know.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
mercxi

I can tell you the reason why I am in pursuit of this feature. I have a need for work in which when I work from home I have to use my cell phone for work calls. So I have a choice, go bluetooth audio for my pc and get a multipoint bluetooth headset that does not handle the microphone well and remove my very nice analog headset or constantly switch back and forth between my phone audio and computer audio. This feature would come in handy for anyone using cisco jabber and avaya equinox (both have windows clients but a lot of companies have rules against installing these clients on home computers).
mercxi
emekmy

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Any development, we will let you know.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

By the way, why we can access to our android phone’s cameras but no mic? Mic is more important than the camera for me.
I use airdroid as a gps tracker on my child’s phone when he does outgoing with the school. He is only 7 years old so he is not allowed to use the phone, but i put the phone on his pocket when he is doing school trips. And the gps locatior is one of the most important feature of airdoid for me. Also, google locator is not working on china made low cost phones, but airdroid locator does. This way is cheaper than gps trackers monthly subscriptions.
so, access also to the mic of the phone would be very useful in my case
emekmy
Niki Admin

By the way, why we can access to our android phone’s cameras but no mic? Mic is more important than the camera for me.
I use airdroid as a gps tracker on my child’s phone when he does outgoing with the school. He is only 7 years old so he is not allowed to use the phone, but i put the phone on his pocket when he is doing school trips. And the gps locatior is one of the most important feature of airdoid for me. Also, google locator is not working on china made low cost phones, but airdroid locator does. This way is cheaper than gps trackers monthly subscriptions.
so, access also to the mic of the phone would be very useful in my case
Thanks for your reply.

Any development we will let you know.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876