Keep original date property after upload files?question

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
flyisland
OP

Keep original date property after upload files?

I've just uploaded some picture and video files to my phone, but the new files on my phone all has the same date property as the current date. Then all new pictures are recognized by the phone as "today"'s picture.

I hope the uploaded file will keep their original date property, is it possible with airdroid?
flyisland
Lillian Admin

Re: Keep original date property after upload files?

I've just uploaded some picture and video files to my phone, but the new files on my phone all has the same date property as the current date. Then all new pictures are recognized by the phone as "today"'s picture.

I hope the uploaded file will keep their original date property, is it possible with airdroid?

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience that has caused. We will pass on your voice to our team and evaluate it.
Lillian
Admin
mikeb79

Re: Keep original date property after upload files?

We badly need the ability to preserve the original file timestamp when transferring anything other than pictures.
I normally use AirDroid to transfer pictures and so I had not noticed that the zip files were NOT preserving the original file dates.
The EXIF data obscures this major shortcoming.

This is trivial to fix as it is just a command line option when generating the zip file. Unless you are copying the source files before creating the zip file for transfer.

This is normally one of my pass/fail eval criteria for any file transfer program.

I just transferred a bunch of audio voice recordings and then discovered the time stamp issue. Since I run into this all the time I have a nice script to fix time stamps on windows but I need a directory list from the source. Your web client nicely shows the Android file folder along with the source time stamps but there is no simple way to just copy the directory listing text so that I can make touch script to fix the munged file dates.

I like AirDroid and have been recommending it to others for some time. But this issue may force me to look for another tool.
mikeb79
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235024

Latest Member: d

Online: 31