Ability to Arrange Icons by Name on Web App Desktopquestion

Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:03 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
Lorenzo!
OP

Ability to Arrange Icons by Name on Web App Desktop

I would like to auto arrange the apps and folders on the Airdroid web app desktop (and anywhere else it is appropriate) at the very least by name (alphabetical). I think one should be able to right click on the desktop and have a menu that shows things like auto arrange by name or type (like folders before apps). Right now it is very difficult to even arrange the icons manually because icons get dropped to the bottom of the list if one makes a mistake and drops the icon in the wrong place.

I think it is a simple request, but maybe not so simple to program and maybe not enough people want to arrange their apps and folders.

I think things like alphabetical and numerical sort order should be one of the primary capabilities addressed in the initial stages of programming a new application. Why don't programmers think this way? I am not trying to be mean, but our world is arranged this way in the beginning and is one of the first things we learn in school (preschool and kindergarten).

Thank you and best regards,

Loren Pearson
VinylMan likes this post.
Lorenzo!
Lillian Admin

Re: Ability to Arrange Icons by Name on Web App Desktop

I would like to auto arrange the apps and folders on the Airdroid web app desktop (and anywhere else it is appropriate) at the very least by name (alphabetical). I think one should be able to right click on the desktop and have a menu that shows things like auto arrange by name or type (like folders before apps). Right now it is very difficult to even arrange the icons manually because icons get dropped to the bottom of the list if one makes a mistake and drops the icon in the wrong place.

I think it is a simple request, but maybe not so simple to program and maybe not enough people want to arrange their apps and folders.

I think things like alphabetical and numerical sort order should be one of the primary capabilities addressed in the initial stages of programming a new application. Why don't programmers think this way? I am not trying to be mean, but our world is arranged this way in the beginning and is one of the first things we learn in school (preschool and kindergarten).

Thank you and best regards,

Loren Pearson

Hi Loren,
Thank you for your suggestion!
For now you need to manually move the icons to the place you want, but auto sort the icons is not supported for now :( Sorry for the inconvenience that has caused.
We will pass on your idea to our team and carefully evaluate it. Please keep up with AirDroid!
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234875

Latest Member: Somayeh

Online: 74