MMS

Sun May 21, 2017 7:48 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
Barry Campbell
OP

MMS

Please add MMS capability. I get a lot of group sms messages and I cannot read them on Airdroid.
4 people like this post.
Barry Campbell
SandHills

Re: MMS

Supported and Seconded.
SandHills
MarkW

Third. Group texts are why I need AirDroid in the first place: Because trying to read and keep up with all that crap on a dinky bloody phone screen is the problem.

Would literally pay for this capability.
MarkW
Niki Admin

Third. Group texts are why I need AirDroid in the first place: Because trying to read and keep up with all that crap on a dinky bloody phone screen is the problem.

Would literally pay for this capability.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion.

We are sorry that so far MMS is not supported on AirDroid.

But we will develop its feasible possibility and have an internal discussion about it.

Any development, we will let you know.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
JoostinOnline likes this post.
Niki
Admin
JoostinOnline

I joined just to emphasize how much I want MMS support. I'll also add an explanation as to why it's important.

From what I've gathered, MMS isn't widely used in Europe anymore because each one costs money, but it's a huge thing in the US. I use them almost every day. It's part of cell phone plans, so you don't pay extra for it as long as it's not out-of-country. It's not just for sending media. Long text messages are automatically converted to MMS (so they don't have to get split into several parts). That means that long messages don't show up on Airdroid, making the conversation confusing.

MMS is something every cell phone supports from the start. All you have to do is have somebody's phone number. They don't have to download a messaging app, create an account, and share that account with someone else. You don't have to have five different messaging accounts to be able to contact everyone you know. It's the simplest solution.
Planned likes this post.
JoostinOnline
Niki Admin

I joined just to emphasize how much I want MMS support. I'll also add an explanation as to why it's important.

From what I've gathered, MMS isn't widely used in Europe anymore because each one costs money, but it's a huge thing in the US. I use them almost every day. It's part of cell phone plans, so you don't pay extra for it as long as it's not out-of-country. It's not just for sending media. Long text messages are automatically converted to MMS (so they don't have to get split into several parts). That means that long messages don't show up on Airdroid, making the conversation confusing.

MMS is something every cell phone supports from the start. All you have to do is have somebody's phone number. They don't have to download a messaging app, create an account, and share that account with someone else. You don't have to have five different messaging accounts to be able to contact everyone you know. It's the simplest solution.
Hi, Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. We are sorry that so far MMS is not supported on AirDroid. But we will develop its feasible possibility and have an internal discussion about it. Any development, we will let you know. Thank you. Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Mark Colclough

As a European user I wish to underline that charges for MMS no longer apply, as most providers now have free sms / free mms and free calls, sometimes totally unlimited.
Mark Colclough
steinwill

Also in Europe and I will add that we are using MMS to send "pictures" for manual feed of data into a computer system (not feasible to carry PC / insert data in the field). MMS on AIRDROID will be very beneficial as we today need to glare on a smal screen (mobil) and transfer it manual to a computer. AIRDROID on one screen with MMS and the spreadsheet on the other screen would be GREAT !!
steinwill
Alex Day

MMS Support Please. All my group messages are MMS.

I normally use the messaging and notification functions on my windows pc.
Alex Day
Niki Admin

MMS Support Please. All my group messages are MMS.

I normally use the messaging and notification functions on my windows pc.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion.

We will develop its feasible possibility and have an internal discussion about it.

Any development, we will let you know.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 8