Initiate calls from browser

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:11 am in Feature Requests

page 5 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
syunsyun

Title

The problem seems to be with the Android API.

It is straight forward to implement real time audio in the browser using WebRTC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebRTC) - while this is still new, it is the standard and will soon be implemented in all the good browsers out there like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera etc. I believe Chrome already has it, and it is in the nightly builds of Firefox.

As I was saying, this issue is with the Android API, which in this department is really limited when it comes to controlling this part of the phones hardware, I think this article explains why this feature is not yet implemented:

http://blog.herlein.com/2009/09/why-is-the-android-telephony-api-so-limited-closed/

and you can see for yourself, that the API, really is limited here:

http://developer.android.com/reference/android/telephony/package-summary.html
syunsyun
mejohnmaher

Title

+1
mejohnmaher
tigerm

Title

Yep, It would be great to be able to initiate calls from AirDroid. I am using a BT headset all the time and it would be very useful =).
Thanks !
tigerm
Alex2013

Title

I totally agree...We want to initiate & also receives phone calls via our browser using airdroid
Alex2013
sketter

Title

I so want this feature, its so annoying doing google searches and not being able to click on a number on my pc to make my android call it.
sketter
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your suggestion. Our team are working on this and will try to make improvement in future updates.
LVHAlfons
sketter

Title

Thanks Coffee Administrator, as you guys are no doubt aware, skype already has this feature and its handy to have any number in a search or webpage linked to click to call via skype hyperlink, Handy that is, if you like skype, personally I would much prefer to have this with Airdroid.
sketter
giant40dirt

Title

any update yet?
giant40dirt
gsoler

Title

HiI would to ask you about the integrations with other external plattforms through APIs.
I'm using Airdroid especially for the phone call and SMS feature.
Let me tell you that I love Airdroid and I think is one of the best App with best UI!
It's really cool to can answer the phone and start to call someone, or read and reply to an SMS simply using mouse and keyboard, without having physically to take the phone, when I'm working on PC on my desk. I have dozen of calls a day and this feature is pretty cool!
Now what I want to ask is if there is an possibility to integrate this particular feature with an CRM like Base CRM, or Nimble or Bitrix24 plattform. In those CRM's there is an function that allows you to call an phone number through external applications. Currently is integrated only with the Skype, son when I click the number inside an contact schedule, it opens an request for external app's (like Skype). I have an flat fee on my mobile so I don't want to have to charge an Skype credit too for my calls!
Can I integrate in some way AirDroid for this feature?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Rene'
gsoler
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 5 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 30