running apps directly from the airdroid interface.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:33 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
abduljawad_mahmoud
OP

running apps directly from the airdroid interface.

Hi there,
since airdroid is able to fitch list of installed apps on android, i was thinking, whether can we add the ability of running the apps themselves through dialog-box-like windows within airdroid.
if this is implemented will, it will be very easy to use airdroid as a netbook substitute.
this feature will be killer if the earlier requested feature: dock mode, is implemented, because airdroid will have the ability to run complete-OS like experience without the need of high ram or dual-core processor, since it's a webapp.
---
rgrds
+Mahmoud Abdul Jawad
abduljawad_mahmoud
ruidetk

Title

Remote Web Desktop by Smartdog allows VNC access to your droid. But it's not as sexy looking and doesn't work unless your droid is rooted.
ruidetk
JuSt_a_GiRl

Title

My idea was an API that developers could use to create a plugin so their app can be used in this manner, it would use less resources and probably be a damn sight better for slower phones.
JuSt_a_GiRl
mrwharfsnort

Title

in fact, i wasn't talking from technical point of view, because in the mean time i have a lot of projects i'm working on, & i don't have anytime to see what things we need to make this real.
as an idea, i think the fact the we are working on android OS & not any other gives us a hope that it can be implemented.
we might be able to use Android MonkeyDevice API (http://developer.android.com/guide/deve ... evice.html) because it seems to be very reliable & it doesn't even need the device to be rooted ;)
MonkeyDevice API has screen capturing ability & all other controlling abilities, which means, we can make the airdroid app broadcasts the screenshots to the UI with a user-defined fps rate, depending on his device configs. & then with some javascript we can make the app window captures the clicks of the mouse & convert it to MonkeyDevice press() or drag() functions to emulates the actions.
i'll dig about this more, but, i need more time ;)
mrwharfsnort
8B7DWK

Title

Searching all over the net for this feature and ended up here... which, i guess, conveys that there is no feature so far.... however i'm eagerly waiting for this feature.... hopefully all droid geniuses out there will bring it in soon.....
8B7DWK
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235384

Latest Member: saeed

Online: 10