Desktop Notfications

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:42 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
max63094
OP

Desktop Notfications

Right now, to see if you get a text or not, you need to have your phone ringtone on or be looking at the AirDroid screen all the time. One great idea would be desktop notifications. I know google chrome supports this and I have seen other apps like AirDroid do this.
max63094
jrusinek

Title

+1 for that request.
jrusinek
Melkersson

Title

That's exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the text notification appear on AirDroid! :) Desktop notifications would be a great addition to this already fantastic app!
Melkersson
mb855mjw

Title

When are we going to see some desktop notifications AirDroid!! It's the only reason i don't use airdroid too much im stuck using mightytext
mb855mjw
DoubtOn

Title

I'd back this feature request too.
DoubtOn
Franknote

Title

DESKTOP NOTIFICATION: The best already missed feature one may add to this wonderful application.
Franknote
xaptwo

Title

just add Growl support and it will solve this problem.
xaptwo
careless_whisper

Title

Websites can't directly use Growl framework. And website is what AirDroid serves over HTTP. Besides, it would only fix Mac.
To fix this, AirDroid needs to rely on notifications API implemented within Web browser. Currently only Chrome supports it, if I'm not wrong.
careless_whisper
shaileshmonani

Title

+1 or this - would be amazing if it could be just l;ike the gmail notification in chrome.
Or even if the title of the website where it says 'Airdroid' started flashing it wuld at least alert you.
shaileshmonani
Ruxin

Title

+1
Ruxin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz