Connection over USB

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
ArticusPrime
OP

Connection over USB

Hi All,
I've been getting a lot of use out of AirDroid so far, but one feature I would hopefully like to see implemented is connection over USB. I often have really congested WiFi at school (larger university), or that my desktop computer is not on the same network as the WiFi (this is what I have to deal with at work). So connection over USB would really help out in these two situations.

Thank you for creating such a wonderful application! It has been a while since I've found a polished app, such as this one, that I can show off.
ArticusPrime
careless_whisper

Title

I believe AirDroid is the contrary way to connect your device to your computer. The cordless one.You can try tethering to create a WiFi network within your mobile.
careless_whisper
Tom_Administrator

Title

1. That does not mean that the feature set should be limited exclusively to being wireless only. In situations, such as those listed above, where functionality is severely limited, or not available at all, I would still like another option to be able to use this application.2. I do this now as a workaround, but I would rather have an official solution to the issue; hence the feature request. I'm not complaining, just trying to make a good application even better.
Tom_Administrator
gait

Title

I would like this feature as well :), AirDroid is an excellent application, but my work network drops wifi sometimes, this would really help :).
gait
ArticusPrime

Title

You can use the AirDroid as a USB tether, I've just tried it and it works, though the IP address displayed by the app may not be correct. I would rather I didn't /have/ to use it as a tethered device, because when I'm at work, I can't use my phone's data plan without getting in the way of some other applications.
ArticusPrime
Melkersson

Title

It would be cool to use AirDroid also through the USB! It would be a great feature ;)
Melkersson
CoreCoder

Title

I raised this feature request as well, in a round-a-bout kind of way. And a quick scan through the threads reveals this to be possibly the number one request for a lot of people.

Here's hoping a simple USB-connectivity solution without "tethering" can be implimented?

I seem to remember in days of old, Nokia Suite used to allow this sort of functionality just by connecting a Nokia phone via USB. You could manage your contacts, files, send and read SMS's directly from an interface on your desktop - although that was an actual desktop application as opposed to a web-interface.
CoreCoder
iyaswiyasa

Title

I would also like this functionality. It would be good to be able to use the AirDroid desktop and charge the phone when there's no wifi network. And you can still have your phone out of the way.
iyaswiyasa
Protonus

Title

Thanks for a great app. I don't see the need for USB connectivity. What's wrong with connecting your phone via usb and opening a file browser.
Protonus
patsfan

Title

I would love to be able to do this. I can't see any filestructure over usb on my works laptop which means I can't really do anything at work. We don't have wifi either....
To be able to get the full functionality of my phone, as well as manage messages without having to use my phone, at work, over USB, would be amazing
patsfan
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 35