Connection over USB

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:40 am in Feature Requests

page 5 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
Leben

Title

@Reneg8or
If you take a look at what I wrote many comments up it can work over USB. I know that this works over Windows and Ubuntu as I use it frequently but @Mighty_Pooh commented that it doesn't work well on OSX.

Windows: If you don't have adb already download it from developer.android.com and follow their instructions.
Ubuntu: Open terminal and type "sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb"

Turn on USB Debugging in Developer Options
Connect phone to computer
Open terminal and type "adb devices"
If your device is listed type: "adb forward tcp:8888 tcp:8888"
and finally, open your browser and go to
localhost:8888

AirDroid advertises itself by saying "Wireless manage your Android from your favorite browser."

Like you, I sometimes want to use AirDroid over USB but that isn't what AirDroid is for. And to complain that some free software for your fourth smartphone (at least) doesn't meet your expectations while also talking about the developing world is pretty ridiculous.

I think AirDroid is great and people should be very pleased with what this team has provided them with!
Leben
RicardoH

Title

Thanks for the tip and I agree that Airdroid seems to be tops. The developers I complain about are those providing operating systems and also devices such as tablets and smartphones. Especially in Linux, phone sync is a terrible problem and the geeks on the forums seem to be living in wifi heaven.

Out in the desert or in the jungle, where many people live and function, there is a huge problem with anything OTA. No cloud.......
RicardoH
RicardoH

Title

I tried it several times but the terminal responds with this, what should I do now?

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
RicardoH
Leben

Title

I agree, phone sync in Linux is awful.... Would be nice to have a decent solution. I'd write one if I could, but my programming skills are just all right.
Which command are you running when you get that? That error message is usually shown when you are trying to update your system and install something at the same time (ie the lock on dpkg is active). Make sure you're not updating your computer or installing anything else when you install android-tools-adb and failing that, restart your computer and try again.
Leben
RicardoH

Title

hehehe that's me being a novice.....synaptic was doing an install at the same time. Thanks for the education....been using linux for a few years now but only know what i need to and learning as i go.
RicardoH
RicardoH

Title

It was sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb that caused the error message.
;)
RicardoH
trollmentor

Title

Another plus one here for USB support, it would be great to be able to use this amazing app with the security & speed that only wired connections provide.
trollmentor
khawaja

Title

+1 for connection over usb, i cant used the wifi at work...
khawaja
AtheerAsad

Title

USB Support would be awesome
I would be able to chanrge and use my cell at the same tim e:)
AtheerAsad
Lukey

Title

USB support would really make my day, since my wifi connection is not very stable having the connection through usb would make it stable and reliable.
Lukey
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 5 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235395

Latest Member: dhams

Online: 17