MMS

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:20 am in Feature Requests

page 3 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
RaleigXnt

Title

Judging on the progress by this thread, I've switched over to Mightytext as SMS/MMS was my proprietary use on AirDroid. Hopefully AirDroid can sort this out after 3/4 years of people asking - pretty poor show.

I've upgraded to premium as AirDroid uses ports my work firewall blocks, and offers no functionality to overcome this.

As a premium user i expected more, if MightyText meets my SMS/MMS needs i will be cancelling my AirDroid subscription.

This sort of response from administrators isn't particularly insightful either.
RaleigXnt
Coffee Admin

Re: MMS

We are sorry that MMS support may not be added soon because it's a big task to make it compatible with many carriers in many countries.

Sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused :(
Coffee
Admin
alikelman

We are sorry that MMS support may not be added soon because it's a big task to make it compatible with many carriers in many countries.

Sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused Image

Is there any kind of work around - ie save the MMS as a file and upload it ? This is a real issue for me because one of my senders suddenly appears to jump between MMS and ordinary text messages - I can see the text messages but the MMS ones are lost
alikelman
alikelman

Is there any kind of work around - ie save the MMS as a file and upload it ? This is a real issue for me because one of my senders suddenly appears to jump between MMS and ordinary text messages - I can see the text messages but the MMS ones are lost

Ah - I have found that it is possible to force an e-mail address in the Forward field and then the MMS message is sent as an e-mail attachment. Maybe this could be incorporated as a slightly kludgy work-around. Thus for sending an MMS message AirDroid uses a dummy e-mail address and sends it as a file. The important factor is that the messages are there on the PC as well as on the mobile - and this could make this happen. Any text in an MMS is automatically OCRed by Google and turned into ASCII text so this doesn't seem to be an issue.
alikelman
gkosmas

Hi,
Are there any plans in ever integrating MMS into AirDroid? If so, in what sort of time frame should we expect it?

It seems like its a feature that a lot of people are wanting this feature so I don't see how it can be put in the "too hard basket" for such a long time.

I have recently switched to AirDroid from Pushbullet. Their application seemed to do it without any hassle.
gkosmas
cmarcera

I've been using MightyText for years which DOES support MMS. Happened upon Pushbullet the other day, which also supports it. They reminded me, hey what about that AirDroid app I liked a lot?

Turns out I first tried AirDroid in 2013. The lack of MMS support was a dealbreaker for me. I tried it again in 2014, still no MMS support. Now here we are in 2016 and wouldn't you know it... still no MMS support. I'm not sure what's different about the implementations from the AirDroid competitors, but they have MMS figured out and it appears that AirDroid never will.
cmarcera
allancady

Love AirDroid, but yes the lack of MMS is VERY frustrating at times. It's not just a matter of convenience either - the biggest reason it's a problem is, I'll be having a conversation with someone, and it's working fine, then one of their messages will get dropped because it's MMS (usually just because they type a longer message.) I don't know they sent a message, they don't know I didn't get their message... they think I'm ignoring them... I think they're ignoring me... stuff like that. I don't care much about photos and attachments, but if someone sends me a message, I need to at least know that they did, even if I have to go to my phone to read it.

Please help me keep loving AirDroid! This is a big deal to me.
allancady
Randy Farnes

Hoping to bump the request for MMS support back to the top.
Randy Farnes
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235048

Latest Member: theahmadloupc12

Online: 29