Dual SIM support

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 pm in Feature Requests

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
bl88drg
OP

Dual SIM support

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Duos which is a dual-sim phone and because of that the messages, call, select ringtone all become not much helpful as they always use a pre-selected SIM (usually SIM1) but I can't even be sure if that's the card I'm using as I have set the SIM 2 as default and it still used SIM 1.
So please, as we are already not so few users that have dual-sim android phones (mostly due to phones like mine which became popular), make support for Dual-SIM. Firstly it should detect if the phone is Dual-SIM capable and there should either be SIM 1 and SIM 2 buttons on each app, or have, on the bottom of the screen (the "status bar") those buttons to chose the active SIM card and then the apps would use that SIM card.

It also should work for ringtones and wallpapers as some smartphones have a different wallpaper for when each one of the SIM cards are active and also some smartphones have separated ringtones for calls received from each of the cards (mine has both features), but the most important is really making messages and calls work with both SIMs and allowing to select which one to be active
bl88drg
aldopf

Title

actually, i agree with this feature request. hope it will support soon
aldopf
tzk

Title

Same here
tzk
SvenLjf

Title

Yes, I am waiting for this feature.Many phones come with dual sim, so it is worth to have Airdroid works on dual sim. A SIM selection dialog will appear when calling or sending SMS.

Hope it will be available soon...
SvenLjf
words2ravi

Title

bump.for all it's practicality, dual SIM "rules". would appreciate this feature. among the people i know, it's at least 8/10 have smartphones with dual SIM...
words2ravi
gaetanomenta

Title

+1
gaetanomenta
iesfpiper

Title

Same for me! +1
iesfpiper
LVHAlfons

Title

@all
Thanks for your suggestion.
Would you please tell us what country do you live in and the percentage of smartphones with dual SIM?
LVHAlfons
CandiceHrq

Title

I am looking forward to this feature too :)

Let me start first.. :) I live in Indonesia and there are a lot of dual sim smartphones, also from the big player:- Samsung: Grand Duos, Ace Duos, Core, etc.
- Sony: Xperia M Dual, Xperia E Dual
- Lenovo: P770, P700i, A390, S820, etc.
- Acer: Liquid E2
- LG: L3 II Dual, L5 II Dual, L1 Dual, etc.

I am not sure about the percentage, but from what I see there are more and more people getting smartphones with dual SIM capability.
CandiceHrq
tzk

Title

I live in Romania, where we actually have a firm that does dual sim smartphones, Allview. A lot of people buy their phone from this firm because of the specs they offer for the low price it costs. And also there are the phones that herutaslim said in the comment before. I cannot say a percentage, but it would be at least 10% - 15% of the people in my country that are using dual sim.
tzk
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 29