Access to all files , not only the sdcard

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:31 pm in Feature Requests

page 2 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
Christopher_Prime

Title

+1I believe every Airdroid user would love to see this happen-Access to External SD,without which,I believe this app can only go so far.I hope the Devs take notice of this request.It's a free app and there are absolutely no complains so far(personally).But as far as development goes,this is the feature much wished for.Thank you Devs for the awesome app!
Christopher_Prime
thatspsychotic

Title

Same here, access to extSdCard would be great. SGS III
thatspsychotic
Biene

Title

+1

This app is amazing! It would be great to be able to access the external-sd card! Also SG SIII
Biene
jacktheteo

Title

+1

Without full access to all storage areas, app is of limited value.
jacktheteo
mark_wisnewski

Title

+1
Me too. Just tried this app for the first time today. It looks like it will be brilliant. But without access to my external sd card it's not really of much use to me because that's where I store all my music and videos. I'm also on galaxy s3_
mark_wisnewski
janice1968

Title

Totally +1 since now I have /mnt/sdCard AND /mnt/extSdCard and the latter cannot be managed through AirDroid
janice1968
michellef911

Title

+1 for root files on costume ROMs
michellef911
HOME

Title

+1 - Droid Razr. Love the app, but also need access to at least SDCard-ext, if not root.
HOME
diruslou

Title

+1
This would be a great feature for a fantastic product.
diruslou
emsy

Title

Agree. This is the only feature missing from a wonderful app. There should be a contribute version. I'd give money for something this useful.

PLEASE don't hard code /mnt/extSdCard. I have long suffered with this problem on my TF101 Transformer. But I figured not enough people cared that a feature request would get anywhere. Now with our S3s...

The TF101 mounts the SD card at /Removable/MicroSD. So I vote for exposing the ROOT directory. Non-rooted people can't actually break anything anyway. But if you want to make it more simple maybe have an "Advanced" check box that hides the well known directories: /etc, /dev, /init etc. But you should expose ALL the unknown directories because someone will find some other dumb place to mount the filesystem -- although it will take a while to come up with something worse than /Removable.

Another option I just thought of - I don't know what Android uses instead of /etc/fstab but read that to determine what to expose.
emsy
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235039

Latest Member: yogo

Online: 37