Add v2 simple password back

Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:42 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
ab59553937
OP

Add v2 simple password back

It'd be nice if you added the six character simple password back to v2. It was really useful to allow a trusted person to grab a file from my phone just by telling them the password, or quickly signing myself in instead of having to do the whole username/password signin. I can't do a QR code signin, so that whole portion is useless to me.
I guess I'll have to stay back on v1 if it stays this way.
ab59553937
hesh

Title

I would also like the password brought back or at least the option to switch back to password. I use mine at work and now have to keep taking my phone out just to click accept, where as all i use to do is type the password back in the browser.
hesh
poerd

Title

I would like this option back as well, for the same reason as Jamie82. The beauty of airdroid was that I didn't have to look at my phone to use my phone -- removing the password option sort of defeats this.
I suppose I could go through the web.airdroid.com interface, but while I'm happy to have that as an option, I don't like being forced to use it -- and the username + password is more hassle.
poerd
CindyT

Title

I've been using Airdroid for months and have had absolutely no issues up until today when it's suddenly turned into total frustration. The password option was really quick, simple and easy. Logging is is really slow to authenticate - it wouldn't work at all on the web.airdroid.com site for me. I've had to create two separate accounts, one to log on and one to post on here. It's just taken me over quarter of an hour to get to this point and I really don't understand the benefit other than being able to scrape user data by forcing us to log in, since the QR code isn't an option on a lot of tablets. It just seems to have made everything harder for no reason. I really wish I hadn't allowed the app to upgrade.
CindyT
MrMacala

Title

Same here...QR scanner never worked so I used password option. Best and most useful app. Now I can't useit at all because you require a QR scan.
MrMacala
djplush

Title

Likewise I'm frustrated too with the new version, wasting my time working out how to login without qr scan (nexus 7 tablet), scraping my email and as mentioned above username + password = more hassle!
djplush
Buz

Title

Yeah me too , this new upgrade is a real FAIL
that thing wich makes really good to this app was that six character simple password
so please change that cause is a waste of time
thanks
Buz
JPender1225

Title

Seconded. I don't care about this new mode forcing us to auth through your website. The old system was simple & peachy. This version keeping us in that "lite mode" unless we go through web.airdroid.com is useless to me.
For what it's worth - unless the old simple pwd auth comes back, I'll uninstall airdroid & move to something else.

Tl:dr ? KISS.
JPender1225
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235546

Latest Member: Emtiaz Emu

Online: 41