Restore AirDroid v1 functionnality

Thu May 23, 2013 11:56 am in Feature Requests

page 1 / 1
ObNox
OP

Restore AirDroid v1 functionnality

Hi,

In the time of AirDroid v1, there was a simple but very efficient mode : Password protected access !

We only had to setup the password we wanted and that was all ! Get access to the phone, authenticate and play around.

With AirDroid v2, this mode disappeared and there's nothing in the current release that is satisfactory for my usage pattern (and some friends using their phone the same way).

a) Sign up to airdroid.com website : no point in doing that, I don't trust external sites for my data, nor I need the benefits of this technique (find my phone and such)

b) Need confirmation mode : Considering my usage pattern, this mode is totally useless.

Let me explain :

1/ At work : The phone signal strength is very weak at my office so I leave the phone near a window to get at least an acceptable level of signal strength. In this case, everytime I get an SMS, I have to get up, walk the 10m away to the phone and click this god damned "confirmation request dialog". This is absolutely pointless! The very reason for AirDroid to exist is to REMOTELY control the device..

2/ At home : Nearly the same result but different situation. I leave the phone next to my computer, charging (remember, at work, signal is weak so it drains the battery) and I use my tablett. If I get and SMS, again, I fall into the same situation as 1/

So, currently, AirDroid is of no use to me, eventhough it is a really nice app by essence!

Could you please add again this functionnality in complement to the already existing features ? I really just need to setup a password and let me connect through HTTPS from anywhere as long as I provide the right password!

Thank you very much.
ObNox
khanhlnq

Title

I second this fixed password and or number generated on phone was good way of signing in. Don't see the benefit in dropping these modes, even if your usage statistics show that QR code is favourite way of logging on.
khanhlnq
jinn

Title

I have the same problem, AirDroid is totally useless now because you need to have your phone in your left hand while using the mouse with the right one... the benefit of remote control totally disappeared.
jinn
nateffog

Title

I think the new account implementation is better but having a choice is a good thing
nateffog
NatalieC8

Title

I too second this fixed password and or number generated on phone was good way of signing in. Don't see the benefit in dropping these modes, even if your usage statistics show that QR code is favourite way of logging on.
NatalieC8
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235391

Latest Member: Mahshid Farahbakhsh

Online: 16