SMS and MMS troubles

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:34 pm in AirDroid Mac

page 1 / 1
RoboBob
OP

SMS and MMS troubles

I have a Samsung S9 running Oreo - I've been using Airdroid for about a week or so now. It seems to have troubles getting SMS messages to the desktop sometimes.

It also doesn't sync images from texting / MMS

Lastly - I have a multi-person text chat (all MMS) which doesn't even show up in my text chat list on the desktop - ever.

It seems to be a great application with a few flaws. I have done tools->DesktopNotif->NotificationMirrorService check already several times. Other solutions or troubleshooting?

Thanks,
bob
RoboBob
Niki Admin

Re: SMS and MMS troubles

I have a Samsung S9 running Oreo - I've been using Airdroid for about a week or so now. It seems to have troubles getting SMS messages to the desktop sometimes.

Lastly - I have a multi-person text chat (all MMS) which doesn't even show up in my text chat list on the desktop - ever.

It seems to be a great application with a few flaws. I have done tools->DesktopNotif->NotificationMirrorService check already several times. Other solutions or troubleshooting?

Thanks,
bob
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We're sorry that so far MMS is not supported on Airdroid SMS feature.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Pmeinert

Niki wrote:

Thanks,
bob
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We're sorry that so far MMS is not supported on Airdroid SMS feature.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Coming from an iPhone and looking for a handover solution, I am also very suprised you don't support mms and ask when to use it, when you have already have sms integration. The problem is, that this sms feature becomes almost useless, because you cannot send pictures and if the other person sends a picture, you will not notice till you check your phone. Yes I know mms is not a good way to send pictures, but until some alternative standard like RCS has been widespread adopted, we have to live with mms. Proprietary IM's are not always the answer, because you might not know your what IM you recipient has on his/her phone, but they will always have sms/mms support.
Pmeinert
Niki Admin

Coming from an iPhone and looking for a handover solution, I am also very suprised you don't support mms and ask when to use it, when you have already have sms integration. The problem is, that this sms feature becomes almost useless, because you cannot send pictures and if the other person sends a picture, you will not notice till you check your phone. Yes I know mms is not a good way to send pictures, but until some alternative standard like RCS has been widespread adopted, we have to live with mms. Proprietary IM's are not always the answer, because you might not know your what IM you recipient has on his/her phone, but they will always have sms/mms support.
We're sorry that MMS feature will not be supported on AirDroid in the near future.

We're sorry that make you disappointment, but we suggest you to use MightyText to use this feature.

Your kind understanding will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 39