Stopping SMS messages becoming long textsquestion

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:31 pm in AirDroid Mac

page 1 / 1
signorpiscinio
OP

Stopping SMS messages becoming long texts

I have been using AirDroid for a while now and have really found it helpful for a number of things. One function I like in particular is the ability to text from my Mac. However, I have run into a small problem recently. I sometimes send quite long text messages to professional colleagues with instructions. I have unlimited texts with my mobile plan, but in my last bill I noticed that I had been charged for sending 'long texts' (see https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Windows/How-to-avoid-charges-for-Long-Text-Messages/td-p/2070359 for more information).

I realised that this was for the messages I'd sent via AirDroid; when I send messages of similar length from my phone handset, they are automatically broken into multiple messages.

I've looked through the settings and done a thorough search of the knowledge base on here, but not come up with any solution. So, I thought I'd ask: is there any way to stop this happening, and have AirDroid break up the messages into shorter ones? For many of these I could use WhatsApp, but I know that several colleagues are still not using smartphones. They cost quite a lot (24p each, which can mount up), so any help would be appreciate—to save both my bank balance and my thumbs...
signorpiscinio
Niki Admin

Re: Stopping SMS messages becoming long texts

I have been using AirDroid for a while now and have really found it helpful for a number of things. One function I like in particular is the ability to text from my Mac. However, I have run into a small problem recently. I sometimes send quite long text messages to professional colleagues with instructions. I have unlimited texts with my mobile plan, but in my last bill I noticed that I had been charged for sending 'long texts' (see https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Windows/How-to-avoid-charges-for-Long-Text-Messages/td-p/2070359 for more information).

I realised that this was for the messages I'd sent via AirDroid; when I send messages of similar length from my phone handset, they are automatically broken into multiple messages.

I've looked through the settings and done a thorough search of the knowledge base on here, but not come up with any solution. So, I thought I'd ask: is there any way to stop this happening, and have AirDroid break up the messages into shorter ones? For many of these I could use WhatsApp, but I know that several colleagues are still not using smartphones. They cost quite a lot (24p each, which can mount up), so any help would be appreciate—to save both my bank balance and my thumbs...
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would like to confirm with you that do you mean when you send long text via AirDroid, the receipt will receive split text or when you send it split to several text?

It would be helpful if you can send us a screenshot of the error page for a further check.

Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
kixobod

Re: Stopping SMS messages becoming long texts

Everything tastes better when it is free, and meals at talktowendys already tasted pretty good before, so a free one is going to taste out of this world.
kixobod
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 41