Texts splitting after only 66 charactersquestion

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:21 am in General

page 1 / 1
Jason
OP

Texts splitting after only 66 characters

I understand that on Android 4.4+ texts will get split after 140 characters or whatever. I just signed up today and immediately texts started getting split after just about 66 characters, and people are receiving texts in the same fashion. This doesn't seem right. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this issue?
Jason
Coffee Admin

Re: Texts splitting after only 66 characters

@jason

Hi,

140 characters is an approximate number, it depends on carrier/country. The recipient didn't receive the message as a whole one?
aron.roy321 likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
Jason

No, they did not. A lot of other people seem to be having this problem as well according to the other thread. If I send a long text, it will be split up every 66 or 67 characters and my recipient will receive them that way. Sometimes even out of order.
Jason
Coffee Admin

No, they did not. A lot of other people seem to be having this problem as well according to the other thread. If I send a long text, it will be split up every 66 or 67 characters and my recipient will receive them that way. Sometimes even out of order.
Can you send a screenshot of what your friend received? And your friend's phone's Android version, device model, and default SMS app?
Coffee
Admin
Jason

It was supposed to say "real quick... I'm messing with my apps again while I procrastinate xP did this message get split into two".

I typed it all out in one message (104 characters). When she received it, the message had split after the first 67 characters. It also came in reverse order, but I guess that shouldn't matter if we can get it all into one text.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, my phone is running 4.4.2, and I am just using the default Samsung messaging app.
The recipient has a Samsung Galaxy S5, running 4.4.4, and is just using the default Samsung messaging app

Jason
Wufkar

Mine is doing the same.

Droid MAXX / Android 4.4.4 / Default SMS

Airdroid 3

"I don't think this one would have that issue http://i.huffpost.com/gen/3422636/thubs ... -570.jpg?7"

It broke at "I don't think this one would have that issue http://i.huffpost.com/"

Wufkar
Coffee Admin

@jason Thanks for the info.. We'll look into this.

@wufkar Your friend's device model, Android version and default SMS app?
Coffee
Admin
brice.airdroid

Hello Coffee,
No need to ask the android version, you know very well that this is a problem that programmers do not know AirDroid repair. Maybe they should learn to get around problems rather than foolishly see them! It's been over a year that it was reported and there are many other apps on the market that work very well, which proves that this is possible if one is competent.
(see separate discussion http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12919&p=43595#p43595)
Best regards.
brice.airdroid
Wufkar

@jason Thanks for the info.. We'll look into this.

@wufkar Your friend's device model, Android version and default SMS app?

My friend is utilizing an iphone 4s with the default messaging app. The break is clearly happening on the Droid side and not the apple side as she receives messages longer than 67 characters if I type it on the droid SMS app or if I use MightyText.
Wufkar
Coffee Admin

Hello Coffee,
No need to ask the android version, you know very well that this is a problem that programmers do not know AirDroid repair. Maybe they should learn to get around problems rather than foolishly see them! It's been over a year that it was reported and there are many other apps on the market that work very well, which proves that this is possible if one is competent.
(see separate discussion http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12919&p=43595#p43595)
Best regards.

Can you tell me the other apps' name? Do they have SMS feature in Android app?

To solve this, you need to set AirDroid as the default SMS app. And you know there's no SMS feature in AirDroid Android app.

I asked the info because jason & wufkar reported that their friends receive splitting message.
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235540

Latest Member: ekam

Online: 71