How exactly do you reply to a notification after receiving it?

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:34 am in General

page 1 / 1
ramzyb
OP

How exactly do you reply to a notification after receiving it?

When I receive a notification in Whatsapp, a small window pops up on the lower right corner of my task bar, giving me the option to directly reply to the message.

If i don't respond to that message, the notification disappears. When i open Airdroid (the Windows application), i click on notifications and i can see the notification there, but there is no way to interact with it or reply.

Is there any way to reply to a Whatsapp message if i don't click on the notification straight away?
ramzyb
Coffee Admin

Re: How exactly do you reply to a notification after receiving it?

When I receive a notification in Whatsapp, a small window pops up on the lower right corner of my task bar, giving me the option to directly reply to the message.

If i don't respond to that message, the notification disappears. When i open Airdroid (the Windows application), i click on notifications and i can see the notification there, but there is no way to interact with it or reply.

Is there any way to reply to a Whatsapp message if i don't click on the notification straight away?
Hi,

Sorry that you can only reply to it via the notification pop-up. When the pop-up disappears, you can't reply to that message via AirDroid Win/Mac any more.

Or you can try AirMirror to control your Android on computer. Guide: [Help & FAQ] AirMirror
Coffee
Admin
ramzyb

Sorry i'm not understanding. Is this some kind of bug or technical limitation? Why can you reply to notifications but if the notification is closed you can no longer reply?
ramzyb
Coffee Admin

You can't directly reply to the messages of 3rd apps via AirDroid without their apis.
Coffee
Admin
ramzyb

You can't directly reply to the messages of 3rd apps via AirDroid without their apis.
OK you're not understanding me. I will try to be more clear.

Let's say you have notification pop-ups set to disappear after 7 seconds.

Then lets say you get a whatsapp message. If you click on the notification pop-up (Windows 10), you can directly reply to it with no problem.

BUT, if the notification pop up closes after 7 seconds, or if you close it, you can NO LONGER reply to that notification. You must instead open the app on your phone to reply to it.

Is this intended??
ramzyb
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235031

Latest Member: Leon1965too

Online: 50