Automatically Show Images in texts?question

Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:50 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Michael Washington
OP

Automatically Show Images in texts?

I love airdroid, but had to go back to MightyText because I am constantly being sent images on my phone through text messages, and MightyText displays them all for me in the message. Is there a way to show pics being sent to me in Airdroid ?
Michael Washington
Coffee Admin

Re: Automatically Show Images in texts?

I love airdroid, but had to go back to MightyText because I am constantly being sent images on my phone through text messages, and MightyText displays them all for me in the message. Is there a way to show pics being sent to me in Airdroid ?

Hi,

Sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support MMS. :(

We'll consider adding this in future updates.
Coffee
Admin
MozeN

Coffee wrote:
Hi,

Sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support MMS. :(

We'll consider adding this in future updates.

In the meantime, could you please at least implement some sort of notification that an MMS has been received, and have a placeholder for it in the displayed message chain?
10-Q
MozeN
Jonathan+Woodard

I agree totally. I use airdroid to monitor my phone in a area where I have to keep my phone silent all day. You guys have created a extremely good system here minus this issue. No offence meant, but I find it very sad that a company that bills itself as a notification company provides absolutely no notification that an MMS is received. HAHA, I can see when my 1010 game tells me i have "Cubes Waiting" but I have no idea when I have received a image of a document I need to look over.

My wife and I are currently looking for a house and she is sending MMS photos of houses. It is very frustrating as I have no idea she has sent anything. It would be nice to at least see a pop-up that says "MMS Received, please check phone" and a placeholder on the conversation that simply says "MMS Received".
Jonathan+Woodard
Lillian Admin

I agree totally. I use airdroid to monitor my phone in a area where I have to keep my phone silent all day. You guys have created a extremely good system here minus this issue. No offence meant, but I find it very sad that a company that bills itself as a notification company provides absolutely no notification that an MMS is received. HAHA, I can see when my 1010 game tells me i have "Cubes Waiting" but I have no idea when I have received a image of a document I need to look over.

My wife and I are currently looking for a house and she is sending MMS photos of houses. It is very frustrating as I have no idea she has sent anything. It would be nice to at least see a pop-up that says "MMS Received, please check phone" and a placeholder on the conversation that simply says "MMS Received".

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your suggestion! Indeed it's a great idea. We will seriously discuss within our team and make evaluation of it.

Sorry for the trouble that has casued you
Jonathan+Woodard likes this post.
Lillian
Admin
Jonathan+Woodard

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your suggestion! Indeed it's a great idea. We will seriously discuss within our team and make evaluation of it.

Sorry for the trouble that has casued you

I appreciate that very much! No apologies are necessary, just pointing out a real world use case. Would it be possible to provide an update with the team's decision? One, I am curious to the outcome and ,two, if it is not something that will be implemented anytime soon I will need to be looking for another solution. I use airdroid primarily and the free version has been sufficient to this point, however, I have been riding the fence about paying just to support the project. This feature would definitely put me on the paid user list.

Thank you for the consideration.
Jonathan+Woodard
Lillian Admin

I appreciate that very much! No apologies are necessary, just pointing out a real world use case. Would it be possible to provide an update with the team's decision? One, I am curious to the outcome and ,two, if it is not something that will be implemented anytime soon I will need to be looking for another solution. I use airdroid primarily and the free version has been sufficient to this point, however, I have been riding the fence about paying just to support the project. This feature would definitely put me on the paid user list.

Hi, Thanks for your understanding!

We are still developing feasible possibility. As we AirDroid provide a total solution, like all the features we have added in the past year, we want to make sure every additional has perfect compatibility to offer you brilliant experience. We are still carefully evaluate it, so stay tuned, we will not hide it when it is ready! =)

And sorry that we can not the time when it comes ture​​
You can join AirDroid Beta to have first-hand try-out for the latest versions before the world!
Register here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sand.airdroid/

Lillian
Admin
Lillian Admin

Hi, Thanks for your understanding!

We are still developing feasible possibility. As we AirDroid provide a total solution, like all the features we have added in the past year, we want to make sure every additional has perfect compatibility to offer you brilliant experience. We are still carefully evaluate it, so stay tuned, we will not hide it when it is ready! =)

And sorry that we can not tell the time when it comes true​​
You can join AirDroid Beta to have first-hand try-out for the latest versions before the world!
Register here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sand.airdroid/

Lillian
Admin
mj

Hello lillian,

It's been almost a year now since this question has been asked and several since the product began. Is including images and particularly MMS even a discussion on the table? I am having difficulties understanding why this is taking so incredibly long to create or provide a reasonable timeline and announcement of the feature. I have always had difficulties understanding why SMS/MMS is such a disjointed service that can't play well with IM's but I on't understand the products well enough to make assertions.

Thanks in advance for your help in understanding more.

Michael
mj
Screem

Hi Michael,

I've had a very quick look at the system services on my device and it appears that SMS and MMS are two different services. I would assume it's much more difficult to implement because of this seperation and because of the fact that MMS handles all multimedia as opposed to text.

I do agree that there should at least be a time frame on this one but I can also understand the difficulty of figuring a way to implement this and keep up with regular updates/maintenance.

Hope this helps to further your understanding of this.
Screem
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235561

Latest Member: home

Online: 116