Issues with SMS/Notifications on AirDroid Windows, Chrome Browserquestion

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:34 pm in General

page 1 / 1
P0P_T4RT
OP

Issues with SMS/Notifications on AirDroid Windows, Chrome Browser

I have a Moto G4 which runs Android 7.0, and I just downloaded AirDroid for my phone as well as for my Windows laptop earlier today. The only thing I can do with the Windows app so far is send texts. I can't see the conversation I was having, and I don't get any responses, and it says "No SMS or AirDroid can't access SMS. Please grant AirDroid the permission and try again." I have all the permissions set up just like the website says to have it, but no SMS comes through. Also, when I click on the permissions in Settings on my phone, the phone says "This app was designed for an older version of Android. Denying permission may cause it to no longer function as intended." I've gotten one notification from a text message (which I couldn't view or respond to) and a few notifications from apps out of probably 20 or so notifications I've received on my phone since I set everything up. Now, I've been able to send and receive SMSs and view conversations in the Chrome browser version, but I don't get any app notifications on there.

Now that thats all out of the way, did I miss anything? Am I doing something wrong? Im confused why I get notifications on the desktop app but no SMS, and in the browser I get SMS but no notifications.
P0P_T4RT
P0P_T4RT

Re: Issues with SMS/Notifications on AirDroid Windows, Chrome Browser

Edit: I let my laptop sleep for a few hours, took my phone with me when I left wifi range, and reconnected, and now it appears that everything on the windows app is functioning normally. It may just take a little while to configure, or taking the phone off wifi and back on again may help.
P0P_T4RT
Niki Admin

Re: Issues with SMS/Notifications on AirDroid Windows, Chrome Browser

I have a Moto G4 which runs Android 7.0, and I just downloaded AirDroid for my phone as well as for my Windows laptop earlier today. The only thing I can do with the Windows app so far is send texts. I can't see the conversation I was having, and I don't get any responses, and it says "No SMS or AirDroid can't access SMS. Please grant AirDroid the permission and try again." I have all the permissions set up just like the website says to have it, but no SMS comes through. Also, when I click on the permissions in Settings on my phone, the phone says "This app was designed for an older version of Android. Denying permission may cause it to no longer function as intended." I've gotten one notification from a text message (which I couldn't view or respond to) and a few notifications from apps out of probably 20 or so notifications I've received on my phone since I set everything up. Now, I've been able to send and receive SMSs and view conversations in the Chrome browser version, but I don't get any app notifications on there.

Now that thats all out of the way, did I miss anything? Am I doing something wrong? Im confused why I get notifications on the desktop app but no SMS, and in the browser I get SMS but no notifications.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

On the web Airdroid we don't have notification feature, so you cannot received the notifications.

And please try to check the notification settings on your phone,if your phone's notification service,

it'll also can't receive the pop up notification.Please try as follow steps:

AirDroid > Tools > Desktop Notif. >Notification Mirror service > Switch to open (turn to Green)

We also made a GIF for you:

And then try to receive the notification on your computer.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235472

Latest Member: Bax

Online: 141