AirMirror Failquestion

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:10 pm in General

page 1 / 1
yeltommo
OP

AirMirror Fail

I see that a lot of other people are having similar issues, but I've found no useful help--just pasted generic responses asking for a screenshot etc. Airdroid is great when it's working, but the quality of the pre-written instructions and online help is consistently lacking. (The instructions are generally unintelligible unless you already know what you're looking for. Whoever writes them has a problem putting himself in the shoes of a newbie.)

So, I followed all the instructions as well as I could. I enabled USB debugging, plugged my phone into my computer, and watched a drive being installed. I then followed the instructions on my computer screen. I'm uploading a screenshot of each stage, the last one showing the error message. [Edit: Despite the fact that the attach button says "Attach files" (plural), the system seems unable to attach more than one screenshot. What should I do?] [Edit #2: Apparently I have to attach each file separately.It would have been nice to know this beforehand.] [Edit #3: I'm still having trouble attaching all three screenshots. After attaching two, I got the following annoying error message when I tried to attach the third: "General Error: You're not allowed to access that file." What a pita this is.]

I realized that I never saw any instruction about which notification option to choose on my phone--Charge this device (which was already selected), Transfer Files, Transfer photos, or Use this device as MIDI--so I did a search and found a suggestion to use Transfer photos. (Assuming this is correct, why didn't you specify?) That resulted in another driver being installed, but when I tried again, I got exactly the same error.
Attachments
AirMirror3.jpg
AirMirror2.jpg
AirMirror1.jpg
MKaslan1 likes this post.
yeltommo
Rems Luc

Re: AirMirror Fail

I have a Galaxy Note 8, what I did was connecting the device to the windows 10 pc with the usb cable after enabling the usb debugging option. I then opened the AirMirror tool in the Windows AirDroid App and I selected the non-rooted solution. It started copying some stuff to my phone and 5 seconds later I had my phonescreen on my monitor. I ended the Airmirror session in the tool and disconnected my phone. Since that time, a couple of days ago, I only remote connect with Airmirror to my phone using the web.airdroid.com local connection via Chrome with the AirMirror plugin. Each and every time it detects my phone and show me my phonescreen after a couple of seconds. It even works with the HD resolution option enabled. I can even play games over the wifi Airmirror connection. But I only use it with Chrome. I noticed that Airmirror with the Windows Airdroid client only works for a couple of times and then for whatever reason it stops detecting the phone and asks again to connect with the cable to install the service.

So, only use it in Chrome is my suggestion. It works fine for me, on Windows and on Mac with Chrome.
Rems Luc
Rems Luc

They also advice to use Google Chrome with the AirMirror plugin but today I tried to connect via AirDroid Remote to my Note 8 on 3G while I was on a private pc connected to the internet with Internet Explorer 11 and it worked just fine. So you don't really need to install Chrome of you have IE11.
Rems Luc
Niki Admin

They also advice to use Google Chrome with the AirMirror plugin but today I tried to connect via AirDroid Remote to my Note 8 on 3G while I was on a private pc connected to the internet with Internet Explorer 11 and it worked just fine. So you don't really need to install Chrome of you have IE11.

thanks
Niki
Admin
air droid nickn

I am trying to use Air Mirror without luck on either desktop or web, can someone help?
After enabling debugging on Galaxy S6 and connecting to laptop via USB cable
1. On Windows 10 Desktop AirDroid I get the message "Please connect your Android device via USB cable"
2. On AirDroid Web, after clicking on Device Authorization button, I get "no devices found"

I have spent 2 hrs trying to make sense of how this works. About to give up on AirDroid..(first installed it today).
Thanks!
air droid nickn
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235544

Latest Member: minoo723

Online: 65