Air Mirror uses old ADB version

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:30 am in General

page 1 / 1
Frank Bouwens
OP

Air Mirror uses old ADB version

Hi, I'm a developer.
I wanted to use AirMirror to project the screen of my phone on my PC.
That way I can test on a real device, even though it works as if I'm using an emulator.

So what I've noticed is that AirMirror uses ADB, this is used for delivering touches and keyboard input on non-rooted android 5.0+ devices. That's all fine. But please use the adb-executable that is installed in my SDK folder, instead of using a built-in ADB that is also very outdated. Because an old ADB is used, I'll run into problems in Android Studio, and on the commandline.
(You could check if there is an ADB executable on the PATH for example)

After killing AirMirror and starting ADB from the commandline, it seems to work. So that's a nice workaround for now.
Frank Bouwens
Charlene Admin

Re: Air Mirror uses old ADB version

Hi, I'm a developer.
That way I can test on a real device, even though it works as if I'm using an emulator.

So what I've noticed is that AirMirror uses ADB, this is used for delivering touches and keyboard input on non-rooted android 5.0+ devices. That's all fine. But please use the adb-executable that is installed in my SDK folder, instead of using a built-in ADB that is also very outdated. Because an old ADB is used, I'll run into problems in Android Studio, and on the commandline.

After killing AirMirror and starting ADB from the commandline, it seems to work. So that's a nice workaround for now.

Hi Frank,thank you for your suggestion.It's always glad to get feedback from like-minded.We will have an internal discussion about it. Any development,we will let you know. :)
Charlene
Admin
crazywiz

Re: Air Mirror uses old ADB version

Charlene wrote:
Hi, I'm a developer.

Hi Frank,thank you for your suggestion.It's always glad to get feedback from like-minded.We will have an internal discussion about it. Any development,we will let you know. :)

2 years later the problem is still here...
crazywiz
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235439

Latest Member: Franek MichaƂow

Online: 26