System App?question

Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:04 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Bodhi
OP

System App?

How can I make AirDroid a System App so it will survive a wipe/reset?
Bodhi
Coffee Admin

Re: System App?

How can I make AirDroid a System App so it will survive a wipe/reset?

Sorry, AirDroid will fail to survive if you do a reset of your phone :(
Coffee
Admin
Bodhi

Thank you. Perhaps this could be a future feature . . . a button or something that would automatically make it a system app on rooted phones. :-)
Bodhi
Coffee Admin

Thank you. Perhaps this could be a future feature . . . a button or something that would automatically make it a system app on rooted phones. :-)

Hope so~~
Coffee
Admin
Bodhi

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900t) with Lollipop 5.0.
SuperSU Free v2.46 with most current SU binary, BusyBox v1.23.2-Stericson.

I tried downloading the APK from the website, moved the APT file to the /system/priv-app folder and installed from there. Unfortunately, AirDroid does not work and keeps popping up a message saying that it unexpectedly quit. I figure I'll try just doing a normal install from the google play store and then move the APK file to the system folder and see if that works but I'm not sure where to find the APK or what the name of it is after installing normally. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Bodhi
Coffee Admin

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900t) with Lollipop 5.0.
SuperSU Free v2.46 with most current SU binary, BusyBox v1.23.2-Stericson.

I tried downloading the APK from the website, moved the APT file to the /system/priv-app folder and installed from there. Unfortunately, AirDroid does not work and keeps popping up a message saying that it unexpectedly quit. I figure I'll try just doing a normal install from the google play store and then move the APK file to the system folder and see if that works but I'm not sure where to find the APK or what the name of it is after installing normally. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry that you can't move AirDroid to that folder :(

If you would like to try again, AirDroid's package name is com.sand.airdroid.
Coffee
Admin
Bodhi

I have tried moving the app (com.sand.airdroid) to the system/app but unfortunately AirDroid does not work and keeps popping up a message saying that it unexpectedly quit. I also tried moving the app (com.sand.airdroid) to the system/priv-app but unfortunately AirDroid still will not work and keeps popping up the same message saying that it unexpectedly quit. Is there any way to enable Airdroid to run after moving it to the system folder?
Bodhi
Sida.AirDroid Admin

I have tried moving the app (com.sand.airdroid) to the system/app but unfortunately AirDroid does not work and keeps popping up a message saying that it unexpectedly quit. I also tried moving the app (com.sand.airdroid) to the system/priv-app but unfortunately AirDroid still will not work and keeps popping up the same message saying that it unexpectedly quit. Is there any way to enable Airdroid to run after moving it to the system folder?

Sorry, this is not supported.
Sida.AirDroid
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235027

Latest Member: mamad

Online: 32