Airdroid in windows detected as malware

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:41 am in General

page 1 / 1
Gitle Mikkelsen
OP

Airdroid in windows detected as malware

So today I suddenly got a popup from MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, with this: http://gyazo.com/48b82b80aade82df75840623548ab64a

What do I do? Is Airdroid safe or did they add some shady stuff in a recent update?
Gitle Mikkelsen
om dave

Re: Airdroid in windows detected as malware

I also got this this morning what should I do give up Airdroid, looked on the net but got mixed messages
om dave
Alankdroid

I have had major problems with Outlook 2007 suddenly being unable to connect to my ISP, and hundreds of fake messages sent out as if coming from me. After repeatedly scanning my desktop with Norton anti-virus and now with Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes showed AirDroid as containing a Trojan Horse. I've removed Airdroid from my phone and desktop, and am concerned that it may still lurk somewhere on my phone even after uninstalling.
Alankdroid
Vincent Derks

Having the same issue

However, the log report doesn't specify anything.

Here's a log report:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 6/13/2015
Scan Time: 11:19:49 AM
Logfile:
Administrator: Yes

Malware Database: v2015.06.13.04
Rootkit Database: v2015.06.02.01
License: Premium
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 413814
Time Elapsed: 20 min, 35 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)
Vincent Derks
Coffee Admin

Sorry, guys. We believe this is a false positive and we'll contact Malwarebytes to correct this asap.
Coffee
Admin
jazz5000

So today I suddenly got a popup from MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, with this: http://gyazo.com/48b82b80aade82df75840623548ab64a

What do I do? Is Airdroid safe or did they add some shady stuff in a recent update?
We well, I got the same thing after running malware bytes. I quarantined it and my laptop runs soooo much faster! I had installed then removed airdroid as I felt it was good but didn't need it. For a long time my pic was running very slow, didn't connect it with installing this programme. I was trying to run Mass effect Andromeda and it was looking bad and playing slowly. I tried checking for malware, found this as the only thing, still there despite deleting the programme, and now the game runs very well (for my laptop at least). Faster, smoother, even looks better. Whether it's intentional or not, this airdroid leaves behind a crippling price of software - everything works faster on my pic now. I would highly recommend you delete the app, and the malware, see if your pic runs better. If there is no discernible change - reinstall it and know its fine. If your computer is better without it - well, you have your answer!

(sorry for verbose reply! Just couldn't believe the diff without this malware. (I did also run ccleaner too, so that would've made a difference too, so may not have totally been down to this, but I think it was, imo))
jazz5000
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235022

Latest Member: Mobile Pasha

Online: 46